• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Thank you, DNQ.

A strong looking line up. However, given that the first choice absentees are all in the backs (who will be excellent additions), it highlights the potential lack of depth in the forwards; although I suspect that won't be restricted to View.

A few of us had opined earlier in this thread about the suitability of Gehrig in the forwards where I'm sure hat he will equip himself well - a strong carrier with a good short passing game.
I agree it's a really good chance for Gherig to make a claim for the 1's. He is a big unit, with good feet and very strong. Hopefully one of the posters will be able to give us a match review. There's a few backs in there that I've never heard of, but probably from Riverviews position they will want to see how the forwards go. If the wet weather stays around, could be more of a piggies duel anyway.

shortballking

Herbert Moran (7)
I do not but I have a bit of knowledge on the side facing Waverley.

Thoughts on the starting lineup is:
Alex Hamilton - 1
Jack Morrison - 2
Alex Hancock - 3
James Lott - 4
Xavier Fitzpatrick - 5 (Jack Todhunter will rotate in)
Elliot Gehrig - 6
Lachlan Archer - 7
Michael Fenn - 8
Noonan (New) - 9
Daniel Rorke - 10
Alex Macdonald - 11
Oli Zannino - 12
Conor Hurley - 13
Will Mckellar - 14
Tom Lenahan - 15

Completely different look for Riverview. This team will change dramatically over the next few weeks leading up to the first round. McGregor should be back next week or the week after.
The front row looks much better than I though having some decent size

Jake

Bob McCowan (2)
Riverview Won 17-10 against a full strength Waverley team

Team played well considering it was severely understrength. However a total of 9 cards given out during the game. 4 red (2 to Waverley and 2 to Riverview) and 5 Yellows (2 to View and 3 to Waverley).

Waverley side extremely dirty and their performance was extremely unacceptable (whats new). Riverview forwards really impressed especially the play of their front row as Alexander Hancock really led from the front. Will be very underrated team this year, a team to look out for.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Riverview Won 17-10 against a full strength Waverley team

Team played well considering it was severely understrength. However a total of 9 cards given out during the game. 4 red (2 to Waverley and 2 to Riverview) and 5 Yellows (2 to View and 3 to Waverley).

Waverley side extremely dirty and their performance was extremely unacceptable (whats new). Riverview forwards really impressed especially the play of their front row as Alexander Hancock really led from the front. Will be very underrated team this year, a team to look out for.

From above- sounds like they were missing three players- not extremely under strength- if that is the depth when injuries come, view will find it hard this year. If the cards were even would not Riverview have been taking part in foul behaviour as well?

BRUMBIEJACK

Larry Dwyer (12)
From above- sounds like they were missing three players- not extremely under strength- if that is the depth when injuries come, view will find it hard this year. If the cards were even would not Riverview have been taking part in foul behaviour as well?

Wouldn't pay too much attention to Jake the Riverview boys' ramblings (see the CAS thread). It was a strange day indeed and there were soooo many cards of both colours given it was hard to keep track of what went on.

Riverview scored a try on the bell and Waverley missed two penalties in front, so the score flattered Riverview where they have won easily the last two years I saw the game. View only won 2nds 5-0 so it may point to limited depth in Riverview and a stronger age group at Waverley.

Like all trials not much could be taken from it, given Riverview had some players out, Waverley 1sts had a number of the boys only finish cricket the week before last, were trialling a Year 10 boy at prop and CAS swimming finished during the week so they are still sorting out who is who. Overall, Riverview were good at the breakdown and the set pieces, Waverley more adventurous and penetrative in the backs.

I believe that 2 red cards to Riverview were for foul play (punching I believe) and Waverley had one for foul play (punching also I believe) and one for a tip tackle. Lots of yellows, including one to the Waverley 5/8 for being offside in defence on the halfway line - yes, you heard me correctly. It was that kind of day. Overall though, discipline from both teams wasn't good.

Know body

Frank Row (1)
Not
2 nick pepper
3 Harrison chapman
4 Alex Moore
5 nick brown
6 dom cooper ?
7 fergus ryan
8 matt orpen?
9 Louie heaton
10 chris orpen
12 nick stubbs
13 jake la ferla
14 monty Campbell
15 jake Richards

Just my thought, I'm unsure of boys in the year below of strong players but I'm sure they will fill some spots in that team.

not sure what your on about
cooper isnt playing this year
and pepper left last year
stop promoting your son!

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Not

not sure what your on about
cooper isnt playing this year
and pepper left last year
stop promoting your son!

Kings 1st XV Predictions

1. Harrison Chapman (2nds)
2. Daniel Lombardi (16A's)
3. Lucas Choi (16A's)
4. Alex Moore (1sts)
5. Nick Brown (1sts)
6. Fergus Ryan (2nds)
7. Dylan Peitsch (16A's)
8. Matt Orpen (16A's)
9. Louie Heaton (2nds)
10. Jack Mann (inj. 16A's- higher)
11. Chris Orpen (1sts)
12. Nick Stubbs (1sts)
13. Jake la Ferla (1sts)
14. Monty Campbell (1sts)
15. Rhys Miller (16A's)

Having orpen on the wing would be a waste, I think he will be fullback for kings 1sts as he has a great boot and can read the game well.

With the strong 16A squad from last year now in contention for opens selections there will be others like Charlie Steele-Park, Kyle Brown etc that will no doubt be doing their level best to challenge for spots in the first XV squad as well.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Have you forgot about Jake Richards, where will he slot in after coming back from injury. Fullback, Wing, Centre

Revisiting S'UP's above post. After missing much of the 2014 season through injury, Richards will be a welcome addition to the TKS' backline & could slot into one of several positions. I agree Azzuri that a position needs to be found for Orpen closer to the action.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Or
Revisiting S'UP's above post. After missing much of the 2014 season through injury, Richards will be a welcome addition to the TKS' backline & could slot into one of several positions. I agree Azzuri that a position needs to be found for Orpen closer to the action.

Richards return for TKS is great news to be sure as is the return of Jack Mann.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
should be some interesting GPS rugby on this weekend

Joeys take on Knox, I believe at Joeys (correction Knox again)... and while last year the lack of Athletes, didn't prevent Joeys easily accounting for Knox, think this year might be different, as Knox showed some promise against a strong Auggies side

Newington (with Tyrone) face a Waverley that has IMHO some pretty handy backs ... so could be a good match-up at QP

Shore, who is flying below the radar, face Cranbrook at Hordern at an earlier time, and could show if Cranbrook's convincing win over St Pius, is anything to get excited by

then you have Scots hosting their 7s ... with games starting earlier, but finals I gather from 3.50 pm

Not sure on View, and other GPS schools, but should be enough to choose from the above 4 games ...:)

my tips ... Joeys in a tight one, Waverley in a feisty one, Cranbrook in a Canter and Scots to retain last years title :mad:

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Snip.

Not sure on View, and other GPS schools, but should be enough to choose from the above 4 games .:)

my tips . Joeys in a tight one, Waverley in a feisty one, Cranbrook in a Canter and Scots to retain last years title :mad:

View are going on the road to take on St Edmund's College, Canberra.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@Kingofunders, welcome aboard.

A word of advice that may make you stay here more fruitful. Before launching in and posting a question have a "sniff around" to see if the information you seek is already available. In this case the answer you seek is in the two posts immediately before your one, less a couple of schools.

Kings vs ?
Scots = Sevens tournament
NEW vs Waverley
View vs St Edmunds
Joeys vs Knox
TAS vs ?
Grammar vs ?
High vs ?
Shore vs Cranbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.