• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Parking may be easier at David Phillips Field :).

According to http://www.schoolboyrugbysevens.com.au/teams.html, the teams participating are:
Scots
Australian International School Singapore
TAS
Brisbane State High School
Canberra Grammar
Erindale College (ACT)
OTML Schoolboys (PNG)
Palmerston North Boys High (NZ)
St Kevins College (Vic)
St Teresa's Catholic College (QLD)
Westfield Sports High
LLoyd McDermott Development Team

Those are the same as the 2014 participants, so I'm not sure that they will all be participating again this year.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
^^^ Parking may be easier at David Phillips Field :).

According to http://www.schoolboyrugbysevens.com.au/teams.html, the teams participating are:
Scots
Australian International School Singapore
TAS
Brisbane State High School
Canberra Grammar
Erindale College (ACT)
OTML Schoolboys (PNG)
Palmerston North Boys High (NZ)
St Kevins College (Vic)
St Teresa's Catholic College (QLD)
Westfield Sports High
LLoyd McDermott Development Team

Those are the same as the 2014 participants, so I'm not sure that they will all be participating again this year.

Most places are easier to find a park at compared to Bellevue Hill.:)

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
@Kingofunders, welcome aboard.

A word of advice that may make you stay here more fruitful. Before launching in and posting a question have a "sniff around" to see if the information you seek is already available. In this case the answer you seek is in the two posts immediately before your one, less a couple of schools.

Kings vs ?
Scots = Sevens tournament
NEW vs Waverley
View vs St Edmunds
Joeys vs Knox
TAS vs ?
Grammar vs ?
High vs ?
Shore vs Cranbrook

Nothing for Kings this weekend as the lads are all off playing Rambo out in the wilds of singleton

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yep and 8 tires to 3. Joeys title hopes not looking good, athletes or not.

Knox on other hand, team to beat.

Number 6 ... Who is that kid ... Pencil him in for Aussie schoolboys.

Whole Knox forward pack awesome ... 2 tries to baby faced number 1.

Joeys I know early season but never seen so much dropped ball. What happened to joeys of old ... Altgh Knox looked like a team that has been training all summer, playing a team in their first hit out.

No doubt return of several star joeys backs is needed

Harry Brighton21

Frank Row (1)
Shore 1st VX vs Cranbrook 1st VX

Shore beat the defending CAS champions Cranbrook 17-5 with an under strength team due to some athletes being out.

Shore
1.Dylan Santone
2.Jake Hedge
3.Luke Edwards
4.Hugh Finlay
5.Rory Suttor
6.Wyatt Watson
7.Ben Reader
8.James Doyle
9.Oscar Lane
10.Oliver Cowley
11.Sam Allan
12.Ben Maltman
13. Jock Armstrong
14.James Berkman
15.Lachie Patrick

BRUMBIEJACK

Larry Dwyer (12)

Do I sense a slight smell of inferiority complex/defensiveness ? Second time in the thread that Shore supporter wants to tell everyone theirs was an 'understrength team' beating the defending CAS champions. C'mon guys it's still trials so we don't know who was in or our of the Cranbrook team so there is no way of knowing whether they are also understrength.

And this is the 2015 Cranbrook team that, as with all schoolboy teams is bound to be vastly different from the 2014 team. How about just saying that 'Shore beat Cranbrook 1sts in today's trial' without all the qualifying remarks ?

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
TSC won the schoolboy rugby 7"s comfortably against Palmerston North High in the final 19-7........

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Joeys flogged by Knox 48-17 today. Knox a very impressive side with there 13 strikingly similar player to Henry Hutchinson.

Wouldn't read too much into the result from Joeys end, very under strength with only 2 players from last years 1st and 2nds appearing. Although like Riverview last week the result may speak more for a lack of depth rather then a poor quality 1st XV.

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
Newington defeated Waverley 29-24 in the first XV but Waves got the better of Newington in the second XV 24-15.

Observations: Newington left side defence was looking weak, 2 of Wave's tries scored on that right edge. Both teams looked tired and unfit towards the end. Undisciplined by Newington, didn't keep an exact count but I would have to estimate 20+ penalties to Waverley throughout the game (mostly for not rolling in the ruck or off their feet.)

Big match-ups in the back line, some huge units at Newy and Waverley did OK at looking after them (I say OK as they looked after Tyrone and the likes, but Newy's no.15 made some damaging line breaks when Waverley had finally got them in some sticky situations, and pressure was released). Hotly contested match, Waverley did lead just after half time and then exchanged tries throughout the second half. Serious injury looked to occur against no.3 Micallef for Waverley and was a big blow for Waves. Discipline was good in general, nice flowing game, no biff or any of that pushing stuff. Good game and very entertaining. Congratulations Newy. Cheers

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Brief footage of Newington v Waverley, including 6 of the tries. New were massive in the set scrums [why they didn't use them more for penalties, instead of kicking the ball away]. Yes, New got hammered in the penalty count... Waverley's back line ran in some tries, regret, couldn't see 3 of them from where I was standing. Also, was a beautiful sunny afternoon so I could barely see anything on the screen of the digicam.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
That scrummaging from waverley is terrible ... Every scrum backpeddling, losing a tighthead scrum etc

Tip #1 for waverley hooker, there should be downward pressure through your shoulder onto the opposing props head

Tip #2 maybe some live scrums ... Trouble is don't think anyone there knows anything about the dark arts

Hope they learn something in nz and don't go for cop out of uncontested scrums

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
TSC won the schoolboy rugby 7"s comfortably against Palmerston North High in the final 19-7....
What other teams were there @Rob Hart. The http://www.schoolboyrugbysevens.com.au/ website seems to be out of date.

I reckon that there may be some value in holding an AAGPS rugby 7's tournament or two after HOTR and before "proper" rugby season. If nothing else it is a good way to raise funds for the various "Friends of Rugby" and "Rugby Support Groups" at the host schools.

St Augustines have run what could be a "feeder" tournament with the finalists qualifying for the Scots Invitational 7s. Get Brisbane GPS, and ACT Schools/Clubs also running feeder tournaments with their Cup finalists scoring an invitation to the Scots event, and have the Scots Invitational run a week or two prior to the National U18 Rugby 7's at Narrabeen.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
You been drinking the kool aid again Big arse?
Why would Auggies or any interstate School want to devalue their tournament to be a feeder for the Scots tournament?
Auggies have superior facilities to host a tournament,and I would imagine they consider a superior rugby program,based on the 50 point shellacking they gave Scots in their one and only trial.
Everyone else has moved on to 15's at this time of year.
if Scots conducted their tournament earlier in the year,they might have more success in drawing better quality teams.
Or maybe they don't want to take the risk?

Status
Not open for further replies.