• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Bob McCowan (2)
Heard chat about Jack Minke (spelling?), #6 for the Riverview 1s is doing pathways and looking for a move into the backline. Playing at 10 in juniors and 12 in 15s, he is a potent addition to any backline. Also i believe this superstar and incumbent schoolboy has a younger brother, Izack Minke (spelling?), can anyone let us know how he goes?

View will miss their impact players from the great class of 2014, Peterson, Freeman, Reneker, Hutchison, Condon, Rudd, Mitch, Cain etc. Joeys, Kings and Scots to battle for the premiership.

Yes 100% agree with you Dr.AbsXI. Iv also heard Izac minki (spelling?) is a great young player. He definatly has the potential to captain GPS firsts this comming season as he has rare size and strength. Im tipping him to take on Jackson Mcgregor for the number 10 jersey, hes really one to look out for. But i have to agree with you when you say riverview will miss their star players. Reneker and Cain were both standouts last year for riverview, and i just dont see them competing without them, they're both massive losses!!!!!

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
So an Australian schoolboy 10 is under threat from a breakaway who, contrary to the original post, did not play in any of the GPS rep sides last year.
Started early this year.:rolleyes:

ah...finally it starts again....Isn't this generally the time of year when the air on GGR starts to thicken up and become redolent of the unmistakable scent from the inside of the local rolatactor on a 35 degree day???

U

Unders Line

I've been hearing wonders about 'Reneker' from Dr.AbsXI and Jake, he must have been one hell of a rugby player, I only saw him play once in 6th XV, he must have just been coming back from injury as he didn't make much of an impact in that game.

Also 'Jackson' MacGregor, the mentioned above will not be replaced by a flanker from the age group below, although he may be talented.

I am calling out and will name and shame Renker, the man behind the 'Dr. ArbsXI'

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
My crystal balls...(Excuse the clinking) tell me that Scots, Kings and Joey's will battle it out for the silverware in possibly the closet contest the GPS has seen for several years.

providence

Herbert Moran (7)
any predictions for the comp this year??

I'm thinking the direct reverse of HSC / IB tables over the last 2 years;

So First to last;

Very close run finish between Joeys and Scots.....and improving
Riverview and Kings mid table.....stagnant
SHORE and Newington bringing up the rear....staying focused on the books and getting worse

Surprise package could be Kings.

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
Maybe Kings might be a surprise package.

But a little birdy told me they were extremely unhappy with their recent HSC results.
What I heard back in December was "heads will roll..."

However there is still the extreme need and desire to do well with 1st XV rugby.

Fine line between both.

providence

Herbert Moran (7)
It is a bloody fine line indeed. Most GPS schools seem to have failed at times to get the balance right.

What has surprised me in recent years is why Kings and Riverview have not taken up the IB whilst clearly the HSC in NSW has had declining relevance / respect from tertiary institutions.

I can understand for a variety of reasons why Grammar at one end and Joeys / Scots at the other extreme have not adopted it. But Kings and Riverview i would have thought would have been right on it and gone the Newington route and have both systems in place. It has certainly worked for Newington.

Back to the rugby, my understanding is that Kings whilst light on numbers have all the gaps covered very nicely. So strong run on side, less depth on the bench / seconds. My dark horse.

R

RuckMyGrass420

any predictions for the comp this year??

Although I'd love to see Newington back on top, I'm afraid to say their future season is looking blacker than their footy shorts. My prediction is a close run between Joeys and Scots with Scots ultimately taking out the title. Kings will place middle of the pack (as is their way) and Grammar will remain as the Anastasia Steele to the GPS's Christian Grey. (Its submissive bitch)

^Sorry me and the mrs saw the fifty shades of grey movie last night;)

ANYWAYS. Hopefully some good hard rucking to be had by all.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Although I'd love to see Newington back on top, I'm afraid to say their future season is looking blacker than their footy shorts. My prediction is a close run between Joeys and Scots with Scots ultimately taking out the title. Kings will place middle of the pack (as is their way) and Grammar will remain as the Anastasia Steele to the GPS's Christian Grey. (Its submissive bitch)

Although Grammar no longer play in the 1st XV competition.:)

Captain Cabby

Stan Wickham (3)

Swearing on forums will not be tolerated mate.. Get back to the classroom and stay off the forums..

Jake

Bob McCowan (2)
a threat in what grade?..they don't field a team in the GPS First XV comp

In the 3rd XV Competition. Iv heard rumours they are hoping to win it and win it comfortably so they can return to the GPS First XV competition.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reminder from the Moderators

Read the rules of the forum.
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/rules-of-the-schoolboy-forum.5407/

There is to be no mention of, or inference to scholarships, bursaries, financial assistance, inducements, enrolment irregularities, importing or breaches, intentional or otherwise, of the Code of Practice affirmed by the Headmasters of the GPS Schools of NSW in November 2013, or whatever the latest buzzword may be.

A thread has been established for dialogue on that subject. Please use it.

Posters ignoring this rule will most likely be banned. This may occur summarily and without warning.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
In the 3rd XV Competition. Iv heard rumours they are hoping to win it and win it comfortably so they can return to the GPS First XV competition.

Arguably their 2016 year will be the best age group they've had since 2006 when all the stuff that Hugh is talking about started in response to them defeating certain schools.
In the ages the 2016 cohort were generally competitive until they dropped down.
Won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.