• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS - The Next Generation - U16 Competition, and Presidents XV Rep Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parra biff

Bob McCowan (2)
Think that Riverview will cause an upset this week in 16's, will be working hard for that first win.

The last 3 years riverview 16a's have not won one game, might have something to with riverview putting a lot of yr 10 players in 1s and 2s, dont believe this upset will come

Parra biff

Bob McCowan (2)
yes, a very alarming situation over at Riverview, they seem to have killed the 16s age group. Especially this current age group, was a very successful team all through out the years, now cannot scrap a win, disappointing and definitely an issue needing to be addressed.

does anyone else do the same sort of thing like riverview, i'm pretty sure newington have a few players in 1s and 2s but they are still winning the comp

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
As expected the Kings v Scots 16a's game was a tight affair with Kings's taking the win 20-15

GPS Observer

Herbert Moran (7)
Representative sides from GPSu16 played in the State Carnival in June and in July a NSW side was named on the NSW Schools Rugby Union website.

Does that side play any-one?

I notice that 5 of the 23 named in the NSW side were GPS lads....suggests the GPS u16 competition is not the dominant force in NSW rugby.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Representative sides from GPSu16 played in the State Carnival in June and in July a NSW side was named on the NSW Schools Rugby Union website.

Does that side play any-one?

I notice that 5 of the 23 named in the NSW side were GPS lads..suggests the GPS u16 competition is not the dominant force in NSW rugby.

They suffered from losing by a point to CAS in the final.
IMO GPS 16s are not as good as prior years but i think CAS might have a pretty good pool in this age group.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Interesting that you would have that opinion about the GPS 16 IS... I have a different view. The selections for NSW aren't a good barometer of the talent in the 16 GPS...I've watched every team play this year and the cohort has plenty of excellent talent.

Parra biff

Bob McCowan (2)
Interesting that you would have that opinion about the GPS 16 IS. I have a different view. The selections for NSW aren't a good barometer of the talent in the 16 GPS.I've watched every team play this year and the cohort has plenty of excellent talent.

I would have to agree with you there, i think 16's GPS is a lot stronger then other comps such as CAS and ISA, i think politics played a big part in the choosing of those teams.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I would have to agree with you there, i think 16's GPS is a lot stronger then other comps such as CAS and ISA, i think politics played a big part in the choosing of those teams.

Did you see the games they played?
I saw the trials and the games.
There were a couple of boys who were entitled to feel hard done by but the fact was that GPS As thrashed GPS Bs: 40-5. Bit hard to see the politics at work in that scoreline.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
There were a couple of boys who were entitled to feel hard done by but the fact was that GPS As thrashed GPS Bs: 40-5. Bit hard to see the politics at work in that scoreline.
Have to agree with you IS. There is always some 50/50s in any selections but taking into account the 5 boys ( I heard ) who were in the ballot I would like to know who they think were hard done by and more importantly who shouldn't be in the schools team. It looks pretty good to me

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Have to agree with you IS. There is always some 50/50s in any selections but taking into account the 5 boys ( I heard ) who were in the ballot I would like to know who they think were hard done by and more importantly who shouldn't be in the schools team. It looks pretty good to me

I may be wrong but I thought it was being suggested the GPS side was politically selected.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
You could be right. Just reread it and there's lots of NSW references so I'll stick to them wanting more GPS boys in the schools team

Well Im wrong more than Im right trying to divine people's meanings on here but i thought the point was that I shouldn't judge the strength of the GPS comp on the limited number of GPS boys who made NSW U16s because, so the poster thinks, the GPS U16s sides were politically based.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Well Im wrong more than Im right trying to divine people's meanings on here but i thought the point was that I shouldn't judge the strength of the GPS comp on the limited number of GPS boys who made NSW U16s because, so the poster thinks, the GPS U16s sides were politically based.
Hahaha Reread again I think your right . I blame my kindy english teacher

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
There were a couple of boys who were entitled to feel hard done by but the fact was that GPS As thrashed GPS Bs: 40-5. Bit hard to see the politics at work...

I also saw the trials and the games and while the Gps b's got hammered by the a's in game 1 of the schools trials in my opinion it was a case of poor team dynamics and lack of cohesion which saw the score blow out rather than any apparent lack of talent.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
But the As had the same preparation.
Anyway I was answering the suggestion that the As were badly selected and my point was it was hard to accept that as correct given that the As were So clearly superior to the Bs.
So the CAS side beat the As suggesting CAS might be stronger than GPS in this age group.

Parra biff

Bob McCowan (2)

IS you read what i was commenting on, i thought the GPS boys was hard done by in selections for NSW, not the GPS teams being politically selected

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
IS you read what i was commenting on, i thought the GPS boys was hard done by in selections for NSW, not the GPS teams being politically selected
Oh. My apologies. I don't disagree.
I can say, in the privacy of this thread, if GPS don't flog their opponents they get punished in selections. Same in opens. IMO.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
^^^^^^^
Will Terry is a good example 10to12. Standout, IMO.
I still think its a relatively weaker year group for GPS than say last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.