• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW JRU State Championships & Representative Teams 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
8 - MNZ
6 - MWZ
Slugga has a fair point based on what I saw
Equally, Baa Baas beat MNZ and got only 5 and one of those, Slaven should have been the MNZ fullback from the beginning.

footyhead101

Frank Row (1)
8 - MNZ
6 - MWZ
Slugga has a fair point based on what I saw
Equally, Baa Baas beat MNZ and got only 5 and one of those, Slaven should have been the MNZ fullback from the beginning.

unfortunately IS, slugga has even more of a point, due to the number 8 from penrith actually playing for the Barr Barr's not MWZ. Maybe an (accidental) error from SJRU.. Meaning not only did MNZ have more players selected but as did the Barr Barrs.. When will the day come when selections are actually based on merit and not on previous playing history or a hyped up name.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
unfortunately IS, slugga has even more of a point, due to the number 8 from penrith actually playing for the Barr Barr's not MWZ. Maybe an (accidental) error from SJRU.. Meaning not only did MNZ have more players selected but as did the Barr Barrs.. When will the day come when selections are actually based on merit and not on previous playing history or a hyped up name.

No argument from me.
The demolition of the MNZ forwards I witnessed was comprehensive so early in a game. It is surprising that any forward from MNZ could overcome that to be selected.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
It occurs to me that this president's XV lark may be a cunning plan (ala Baldrick) to keep the rep players playing club rugby.

A lark is not a lark if it's a woodduck...:) Not sure that playing one game against the U15's will be seen as a cunning plan or an ill conceived consolation prize.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Given a shadow squad has not been named for City does that mean the Presidents squad fullfils that role?...and the Presidents shadow squad then steps up to fill the breach?

Rugby Addict

Herbert Moran (7)
Going through the State Champs program.
Gordon - 5 in Sydney and 5 in Presidents.
Penrith 6 and 3
Parra 1 and 2
Eastwood 2 and 5
Souths 2 and 5
Wicks 2 and 2
Norths 3 and 7
Warringah 1
Wests 1

MNZ 8 and 4
MWZ 6 and 8
MSZ 4 and 3
Barbarians 5 and 8

Obviously MNZ look over represented in Sydney based on performance and MWZ look short but the overall selections look OK to me. Few very unlucky boys as mentioned above. This ignores who may get in schools so that will complete the picture.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@Rugby Addict. You hit the nail on the head with your last statement.

Until both the NSW Schools and any SJRU side/s are named, it can be a rather futile activity running the numbers of where they players have came from. With only half the picture (SJRU districts and zones) the data can be skewed.

Cattledog

Sydney Middleton (9)

Tartan Blue

Bob McCowan (2)

Who you kidding IS, if you were taking my word you wouldn’t be trying to suggest my appraisal of the game is tainted as I ‘must have had someone playing’.

Nice try but three strong wins including 29-7, 5 trys to 1 score line against MNZ says it all about the dominance of MWZ.

Maybe further selections for some of these players?

Tartan Blue

Bob McCowan (2)
when the selectors stop agruing about who they want. It was supposed to be out at 9am today, but i guess they all went to work to mull it over and will meet late this afternoon at moore park to finalise.

Bit difficult if they didn't meet till 3pm today??

Tartan Blue

Bob McCowan (2)
Going through the State Champs program.
Gordon - 5 in Sydney and 5 in Presidents.
Penrith 6 and 3
Parra 1 and 2
Eastwood 2 and 5
Souths 2 and 5
Wicks 2 and 2
Norths 3 and 7
Warringah 1
Wests 1

MNZ 8 and 4
MWZ 6 and 8
MSZ 4 and 3
Barbarians 5 and 8

Obviously MNZ look over represented in Sydney based on performance and MWZ look short but the overall selections look OK to me. Few very unlucky boys as mentioned above. This ignores who may get in schools so that will complete the picture.

Weren't there 2 from Wests?

Tartan Blue

Bob McCowan (2)
Reckon Southern Zone might count themselves unlucky
Maybe something to do with the 8 being not named in that position

Hooker might be an issue reckon Lombardi and Howse need to keep plugging away
The No 3 did himself no favours with his sin binning
Deemed a worry with his discipline

James Lynch and Byron Blaik desperately unlucky at 6/7
as well Anese on the wing in my book
Picone with his injury could think unlucky but better 15 than 10 in most peoples eyes
Osbornes defence would have been the issue
Brilliant in attack
This kid will get there if encouraged!!

Interesting to see if I've missed anyone that has been discussed
Just my opinion but from where I sit some interesting match ups

Cattledog

Sydney Middleton (9)
NSW Schools teams from the website

NSW Schools Under 16's 2014
Afu Edward St Augustine's College
Angus-Cork Reilly St Joseph's College
Anstey Tim Barker College
Armstrong James Knox Grammar
Basson Milan Knox Grammar
Bosch Leo Knox Grammar
Brown Nick The Kings School
Crotti Alex St Joseph's College
Dainton Matt St Aloysius' College
Driti Matthew Griffith HS
Goddard Harrison Oakhill College
Hardie Joshua St Stanislaus' College
Margin Hugh Knox Grammar
Hingano Mila St Augustine's College
Hopoate John St Augustine's College
Longville Ryan Trinity Grammar School
Lough Luke St Augustine's College
Manu Delahoya Patrician Brothers Blacktown
Schoupp Blake Woonona HS
Serhon Tom Newington College
Smith Charlie The Scots College
Veitch Jack St Stanislaus' College
Wayland James Trinity Grammar School

All players need to contact the NSWSRU U16 Manager: Mr James Pennington on 0419 250 984 or email: jpenning@as.edu.au

Slugga

Ted Fahey (11)
Reckon Southern Zone might count themselves unlucky
Maybe something to do with the 8 being not named in that position

Hooker might be an issue reckon Lombardi and Howse need to keep plugging away
The No 3 did himself no favours with his sin binning
Deemed a worry with his discipline

James Lynch and Byron Blaik desperately unlucky at 6/7
as well Anese on the wing in my book
Picone with his injury could think unlucky but better 15 than 10 in most peoples eyes
Osbornes defence would have been the issue
Brilliant in attack
This kid will get there if encouraged!!

Interesting to see if I've missed anyone that has been discussed
Just my opinion but from where I sit some interesting match ups

I pretty much agree with this except for MSZ, they did come last and were thumped by MWZ.

Lynch, Picone and Owen (shadow Pesidents xv) were unlucky.

Osborne was my pick of the wingers in attack though I agree there is a question mark over his defence, Anese was solid all round and Wilson-Southon the replacement winger for MWZ played well when given an opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.