• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW JRU State Championships & Representative Teams 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

konbar

Peter Burge (5)
Devine will make the team for sure, Davis is likely but I think that he will be pushed to bench, Icanovski is versatile and I could see him on the bench as well. Remember that's just one persons opinion in fact I think most people expect there to be a few rebels players pushing for spots

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Sportnut/HW, unfortunately Saxon Gillies broke his thumb at Mudgee (on day 2 - and played out the tournament) so wont be able to play at the Regionals.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
I will be surprised if a number of Southern Districts players do not make the Sydney u15 team.
Beware the Metropolitan Southern Zone side next week !...........
It was a shame they missed the main draw as I'm sure they would've given the more fancied Norths, Parra & Gordon teams a good run.
Im sure that if MSZ prove a team to beware of they will get fair representation in the Syd team. That said, the reason Souths werent part of the main draw is that they lost 4 of 9 matches. To say they would have challenged the other 3 in finals, who only lost to each other throughout the tournament (with Gordon undefeated), may be a stretch.

Tractor

Bob McCowan (2)
Agree CatchnPass. Re: Mudgee, I note that of the four games lost by Souths one was against winners Gordon, the other three were by 1, 1, and 2 points....

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Agree CatchnPass. Re: Mudgee, I note that of the four games lost by Souths one was against winners Gordon, the other three were by 1, 1, and 2 points..
Fair point Tractor. If your boys play well at Regionals I'm sure there will be a few shaking hands with Bill Bell at Sydney training in a couple of weeks.

Bend Bind and Drive!!

Bob McCowan (2)
I wouldn't count out any of the Scots college boys in the MSZ U15 team either..I mean we all know they have got a great rugby program at that school and players from there seem to have a healthy showing in rep teams. Nathan Zylstra prop looks technically sound at scrum time runs and tackles hard too. Hes one of the reasons why Southerns dominated Gordons scrum.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
I wouldn't count out any of the Scots college boys in the MSZ U15 team either..I mean we all know they have got a great rugby program at that school and players from there seem to have a healthy showing in rep teams. Nathan Zylstra prop looks technically sound at scrum time runs and tackles hard too. Hes one of the reasons why Southerns dominated Gordons scrum.
Aren't Scots U15s opting out of playing GPS 15A matches with boys at Glengarry? Would have thought that makes it difficult to assess how successful the great rugby program is in that age group. And doesnt Nathan play for Burraneer, which is yet to score a single point leave alone win a match in A Div? I know that one player does not make and cannot carry a team, but would seem not ideal form/pedigree to warrant selection to Sydney team.

konbar

Peter Burge (5)
This is how I see the regionals unfolding based on Mudgee, club and previous performances in the past. MNZ includes 3 of the 4 top Sydney teams and I think they will be to strong for opposition, I believe that the Ba Ba's with nothing to loose and a strong mix of size, speed and mobility will be able to overcome MWZ. Finally I don't feel that MSZ which is pretty much Southern Districts will be able to hold the size of the MWZ pack.
MNZ-1st
Barbarians-2nd
MWZ-3rd
MSZ-4th

Bend Bind and Drive!!

Bob McCowan (2)
This is how I see the regionals unfolding based on Mudgee, club and previous performances in the past. MNZ includes 3 of the 4 top Sydney teams and I think they will be to strong for opposition, I believe that the Ba Ba's with nothing to loose and a strong mix of size, speed and mobility will be able to overcome MWZ. Finally I don't feel that MSZ which is pretty much Southern Districts will be able to hold the size of the MWZ pack.
MNZ-1st
Barbarians-2nd
MWZ-3rd
MSZ-4th

Thats what alot of peple on here could be expecting, not to sure about the baas baas though aren't they the left overs. And mate you don't have to worry about the MSZ pack they'll be more than up to it. I mean Southern districts in Mudgee pushed Gordons scum all over the park.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Suspect you are right KB (Kurtley Beale), though a no. of the Baabaas will have a point to prove having missed selection in their primary Regional team and will be very competitive. They could make life difficult for MNZ. MWZ will also have learned the lessons of Mudgee in that you cant play tournament rugby over-utilising your big boppas running one dimensional pick and drive stuff against decent defence. Suspect we will see more of what their backs have to offer. Shoud be a great tournament.

Bend Bind and Drive!!

Bob McCowan (2)
Aren't Scots U15s opting out of playing GPS 15A matches with boys at Glengarry? Would have thought that makes it difficult to assess how successful the great rugby program is in that age group. And doesnt Nathan play for Burraneer, which is yet to score a single point leave alone win a match in A Div? I know that one player does not make and cannot carry a team, but would seem not ideal form/pedigree to warrant selection to Sydney team.

I suspect you could be very one eyed mate and can't see the potential out there in other areas. In the big scheme of things I don't think the ones who matter care to much about GPS 15A matches. Its all about opens. And I'm sure the Scots cohort will be doing everything in their power to get their boys right for when it really matters.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Thats what alot of peple on here could be expecting, not to sure about the baas baas though aren't they the left overs. And mate you don't have to worry about the MSZ pack they'll be more than up to it. I mean Southern districts in Mudgee pushed Gordons scum all over the park.
Im sure the MSZ boys will give it all they've got at the Regionals. They are somewhat disadvantaged in that the squad is entirely drawn from one A Div team which has yet to score a point at that level, another which has only been successful against the wooden spoon holder and another that dropped out of A Div after 6 rounds without winning a match. Given they will be playing against teams largely comprised of players from teams leading that A Div comp, they would probably not be at short odds with a dispassionate bookie.

Bend Bind and Drive!!

Bob McCowan (2)
Im sure the MSZ boys will give it all they've got at the Regionals. They are somewhat disadvantaged in that the squad is entirely drawn from one A Div team which has yet to score a point at that level, another which has only been successful against the wooden spoon holder and another that dropped out of A Div after 6 rounds without winning a match. Given they will be playing against teams largely comprised of players from teams leading that A Div comp, they would probably not be at short odds with a dispassionate bookie.

Well they scored against Gordon in Mudgee so you can drop that one, and how much of a headstart you giving?

AusJnrRugbFan

Frank Row (1)
(U15) I think it will be a tight contest for the hooker spot, all hookers play a different style of rugby, Bremner and Dombkins more alike but Devine definitely different. Dombkins and Bremner battled it out in the final both showing some class. Come scrum time Norths front row caused Gordon some trouble. Dombkin's threw over a well drilled Gordon lineout with some minor faults . Devine is more of a physical player that's loves the rough stuff, the others like to play almost like a back rower especially Bremner. I think it will be tight for halfback spot as well. All halves are good players I think you shouldn't count out McCormack (Norths) or Cairns (Parramatta) to get up over Tejcek if he is not on his game. Cairns is a strong defensive presence and McCormack has a great kick and pass on him. Will be interesting to see which hooker/s get picked or do they pick a prop that can fill in and how many halves they pick.

Bend Bind and Drive!!

Bob McCowan (2)
Do you mean areas other than current rugby form? Which ones are relevant to the discussion at hand?

Hopefully for your sake mate your heroic predictions come right and you don't end up with egg on your face. For the record MSZ will be there ready to play apparently with nothing to lose according to you lot. Cant wait bring on the tournament!!

konbar

Peter Burge (5)
Well they scored against Gordon in Mudgee so you can drop that one, and how much of a headstart you giving?

I think what C&P is trying to say is MSZ just don't have what others have. There made up of the teams who were 6/8 and 8/8 finishing sides at Mudgee. All evidence so far shows that other teams are probably going to beat them and it's hard to make teams when your not winning games but you never know they might find a way to pull off a win or two but going on Mudgee it won't happen.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Hopefully for your sake mate your heroic predictions come right and you don't end up with egg on your face. For the record MSZ will be there ready to play apparently with nothing to lose according to you lot. Cant wait bring on the tournament!!
Which predictions? Cant see where I've made any other than it should be a great tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.