• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Schools - Trial Games and Selections 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
Lee,

You quite correctly state that they were from Sports High Schools, moreover the same lads do also play league! Such conduct is rife in the dark code, and with respect to those officiating league, it is like water of a duck's back! It is ignored and let go to quite honest!
Both LG and New, why not look to sanctions such is happening in Subbies ATM. I realise you can't take points from these teams, but, if this is going to be the kids main pathway of earning, what are refs and touchies supposed to do? Stand back and cop a gobful from a petulant grub? Fine them. Then their school if they cannot pay. All of a sudden I can see a lot of Sports High Schools, not just having training on the curriculum, but Manners 101. Stand the offender down from all sports not just RU in case as many are dual codes. Make these children take accountability for their actions.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The current system works fine.A yellow card is a significant penalty in a rep trial.
A red card is emphatic in demonstrating their behaviour will not be tolerated.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
The current system works fine.A yellow card is a significant penalty in a rep trial.
A red card is emphatic in demonstrating their behaviour will not be tolerated.
I watched a young man knee another deliberately and he received a yellow card and was cheered and back slapped. is this fair?

Bill McLean (32)
I watched a young man knee another deliberately and he received a yellow card and was cheered and back slapped. is this fair?

I personally have involved the police in such instances, especially where the game has been video recorded!

On one occasion the lad was convicted of 'Actual Bodily Harm'. Ultimately he was given a 'Good Behaviour Bond', however the pain he had to incur was the cost of the hefty legal and dental bills!

Never underestimate this as a deterrent method, especially where the conduct is blantant and a clear breach of the rules. Sometimes you might have to push the police a little so that they act, but the angst it causes the offending party is well worth the effort!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Heard whispers that the ISA and CCC trial games scheduled for this Sunday at Rat Park may be relocated to Hills Grammar. A little surprised cause Rat Park usually drains pretty well.

There seems to be a suggestion of this on the CCC thread.

I guess all the players concerned will be getting notes about it from their Schools, but "spectators" without offspring directly involved may be confused.

Can anyone confirm if the games have been transferred to Hills Grammar and, if so, are the times the same?

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Hills it is! Only 3 days in the saddle instead of 5 (up to Rat Park)! Best to be thankful for small mercies as my mum says!
Hills it is! Only 3 days in the saddle instead of 5 (up to Rat Park)! Best to be thankful for small mercies as my mum says!

16s trials are now at Hills Grammar School, Kenthurst Rd, Kenthurst​
Opens trials are at Pittwater Rugby Park, Pittwater Rd, Narrabeen​
Opens
Pittwater Rugby Park Main Field
Time
Format
CHS II​
v​
Country Schools​
12.15pm (2 x 30 mins)​
ISA II​
v​
Combined Catholic Colleges​
1.30pm (2 x 30 mins)​
ISA I​
v​
CHS I​
2.45pm (2 x 30 mins)​
16s
Hills Grammar School Field
Time
AICES 16s​
v​
11.00am (1 x 25 min)​
Three way trial​
Country Schools 16s​
v​
AICES 16s​
11.30am (1 x 25 min)​
Three way trial​
v​
Country Schools 16s​
12.00pm (1 x 25 min)​
Three way trial​
ISA 16s​
v​
CHS 16s​
12.30pm (2 x 25 min)​
(2 x 25 min halves)​

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Hey Mum, I heard you the first time . . . lol,
Well Newbie upon reading it properly not all games are moved just the 16's - hence the extra information... so now the decision which age to watch - for the spectators that is

Bill McLean (32)
Well Newbie upon reading it properly not all games are moved just the 16's - hence the extra information. so now the decision which age to watch - for the spectators that is

I'm talking about how you double quoted me at #49! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.