• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Schools - Trial Games and Selections 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Crushing Snake

Now its getting close for the big announcement - all the lads have worked towards

NSW Selectors 2012

GRAEME DEDRICK (Scots College)
CHUCK ARDRON (Knox Grammar)
GEOFF MELVILLE (St Stanislaus)
PAUL GEDDES (Central Coast Grammar)
JIM POTTS (St Ignatius)
DEAN HARGREAVES (St Ignatius)

NSW Schools Management Positions 2012-2013

Coach NSWSRU 1 JOHN PAPAHATZIS (St Augustines) – and 2011, 2010, 2009

Coach NSWSRU 2 PETER REEVES (Chevalier College) and2011, 2010, 2009, 2008

Coach NSWSRU U16 BRAD GILL (Newington College)

Manager NSWSRU 1 JOHN GUY (Hunter Valley Grammar)

Manager NSWSRU 2 JOHN ROWNES (Knox Grammar)

Manager NSWSRU U16 SAXON BOWLES (Oakhill)

Assistant Coach NSWSRU 1 DEAN OXLEY (St Stanislaus)

Assistant Coach NSWSRU 2 JARROD HODGES (Prairiewood High)

Assistant Coach NSWSRU U16 LUKE BOWER (Cranbrook)

Let the discussions begin!

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Why aren't CHS, CCCand AICES represented by a selector. It is a joke.
3 GPS, 2 ISA and 1 CAS is hardly representative of the different organisations.

Bill McLean (32)
Now its getting close for the big announcement - all the lads have worked towards

NSW Selectors 2012

GRAEME DEDRICK (Scots College)
CHUCK ARDRON (Knox Grammar)
GEOFF MELVILLE (St Stanislaus)
PAUL GEDDES (Central Coast Grammar)
JIM POTTS (St Ignatius)
DEAN HARGREAVES (St Ignatius)

NSW Schools Management Positions 2012-2013

Coach NSWSRU 1 JOHN PAPAHATZIS (St Augustines) – and 2011, 2010, 2009

Coach NSWSRU 2 PETER REEVES (Chevalier College) and2011, 2010, 2009, 2008

Coach NSWSRU U16 BRAD GILL (Newington College)

Manager NSWSRU 1 JOHN GUY (Hunter Valley Grammar)

Manager NSWSRU 2 JOHN ROWNES (Knox Grammar)

Manager NSWSRU U16 SAXON BOWLES (Oakhill)

Assistant Coach NSWSRU 1 DEAN OXLEY (St Stanislaus)

Assistant Coach NSWSRU 2 JARROD HODGES (Prairiewood High)

Assistant Coach NSWSRU U16 LUKE BOWER (Cranbrook)

Let the discussions begin!

I never seen such a biased bunch of blokes assembled in the one sentence in my life; each and everyone of them biased!

OK well hopefully that addresses the issues for half of the people in this thread, therefore all 'further' and ''informed' discussion will obviously only centre on real facts, like qualifications and experience etc etc.

:D :D :D

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Can anyone shed any light on todays games. How did Johnnie Walker and Angus Crichton go playing? Keen to hear some results from today...

Bill McLean (32)
Why aren't CHS, CCCand AICES represented by a selector. It is a joke.
3 GPS, 2 ISA and 1 CAS is hardly representative of the different organisations.

C'mon Lily, you should know the score by now :) And please keep your voice down because my ex-association, NSWCCC, has just acquired the secretary's role for NSWSRU, please don't be going all 'Oliver Twist' on me now and asking for 'More'! They might take it off us if we get to greedy and don't mind our place in the hierarchical order! :)

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
From the NSW Schools Rugby site - at around 5.

NSWSRU U18 Trials @ Knox Grammar
Friday June 22
CNTY
V
AICES
CNTY 64 DEF AICES 5
GPS III
V
CCC
CCC 17 DEF GPS III 14
CAS II
V
ISA II
CAS II 29 DEF ISA II 21
GPS II
V
CHS II
GPS II 38 DEF CHS II 7
CAS I
V
ISA I
TBA
CHS I
V
GPS I
TBA

crofty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Looks like I'm the first one home from Caragul so I'll post some results but leave it to Lee, Stonecutter et al to comment on the games:
Arrived towards the end of the Country - AICEs game. Counrty boys looked like they continued their good form with a 60 odd point win.
Enjoyed the CCC - GPS III match. A narrow and well earned victory to the CCC boys 22 - 21 or something similar.
The next match was also a great contest. CAS II scoring a converted try on the bell to beat ISA II 29-21.
The GPS IIs accounted for CHS IIs. Can't recall the score but a number of good performers in both sides.
ISA Is were extremely disappointing against a well drilled CAS Is side. Final scored close to or about 40 points to 7. Jenkins & Clark were able to lay a great platform for their outside men behind an aggressive and dominating forward pack.
Left before half time in the final game - felt like the wind was coming off snow - bloody cold out there today. GPS were just starting to get a roll on after CHS contested well in the early stages. Expect Murphy, Dempsey and the rest of the pack would continue to take the game away from CHS as it wore on.

Some very talented individuals in each of the games today - congratulations to all players for contributing to a top class display of schoolboy rugby - thoroughly enjoyed it.

X

X_BagiMonster_X

1. Piggy Robertson
2. Wilson/Carlon
3. -
4. Rorke
5. -
6. Dempsey
7. Murphy
8. -
9. Fabian Natoli
10. Dave Horiwitz
11.Josh wilde
12. Sam barclay/Liam creely
13. Lalaki Foketi
14. -
15. The Gps fullback

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
GPS 47-3 over CHS. Milne was man of the match without a doubt, as well as GPS 10 Horowitz, 13 Foketi, 15 Kellaway and 7 Murphy. Wasnt really keeping an eye out for the CHS guys but 10 McIntyre was good. Only got there just in time for the last game so cant say anything for the other games, expect to see alot of GPS boys wearing NSW jerseys but.

X

X_BagiMonster_X

If Murphy does not get the 7 jersey for NSW i would be very dissapointed for him just because he missed out on game 1

Bill McLean (32)
Teams to be announced anytime!

Well my centre predictions are Milne and Stewart in the firsts and Moeroa and Foketi in the seconds provided Stewart is fit.

Full back is a given with Superboy, however I'm hoping Paterson or Cunies-Ross gets a spot on the wing in firsts!

Halves; well obviously Horwitz for fly but I'm going with the CAS scrummie as a smoky.

Forwards; besides Dempsey and co. the rest I wouldn't like to predict!

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Teams to be announced anytime!

Well my centre predictions are Milne and Stewart in the firsts and Moeroa and Foketi in the seconds provided Stewart is fit.

Full back is a given with Superboy, however I'm hoping Paterson or Cunies-Ross gets a spot on the wing in firsts!

Halves; well obviously Horwitz for fly but I'm going with the CAS scrummie as a smoky.

Forwards; besides Dempsey and co. the rest I wouldn't like to predict!
I notice the number 5 and 8 ???? How did Johnie Walker and Angus go today?

Status
Not open for further replies.