• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Schools - Trial Games and Selections 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Is anyone going to Rat Park on Sunday that can give match reports, photographs, team lists or score updates?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
(Warringah Rugby Park)
Front Field
U 16s
10.00am AICES v CHS II (1 x 30)
10.40am AICES v CCC (1 x 30)
11.20am CHS II v CCC (1 x 30)
12.00pm ISA v CHS I (2 x 30)

Warringah Rugby Park)
Main Field
U 18s
12.00pm CHS II v AICES (2 x 35)
1.15pm ISA II v CCC (2 x 35)
2.30pm ISA I v CHS I (2 x 35)

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
Is anyone going to Rat Park on Sunday that can give match reports, photographs, team lists or score updates?

I'll be there for at least the AICES opens game. Probably the game after, too. But the 400km drive home will keep me away from the last one.

I can do some updates for what I see.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
(Warringah Rugby Park)
Front Field
U 16s
10.00am AICES v CHS II (1 x 30)
10.40am AICES v CCC (1 x 30)
11.20am CHS II v CCC (1 x 30)
12.00pm ISA v CHS I (2 x 30)

Warringah Rugby Park)
Main Field
U 18s
12.00pm CHS II v AICES (2 x 35)
1.15pm ISA II v CCC (2 x 35)
2.30pm ISA I v CHS I (2 x 35)

This is the published schedule that I've seen. However, the run sheet for the weekend that the AICES boys have been given has the opens playing CCC at 12:15.

Can anyone confirm which is correct?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
AAGPS 1st XV
1. Jack MORRISON (I)
2. Tom HORTON (J)
3. Harry CHAPMAN (K)
4. Ryan McCAULEY (S)
5. Tom PIRRODI (N)
6. Nathanial GITTOES (J)
7. Charlie SMITH (S)
8. Max GIRDLER* (S)
9. Theo STRANG (c) (S)
10. Jack McGREGOR (I)
11. Jake PRINDIVILLE (S)
12. Daniel ENGLAND (S)
13. Simon KENNEWELL (N)
14. Sepesa LOGA-TAROGI (N)
15. Tom WRIGHT (J)

Coaches: Andrew CLEVERLEY and Brian SMITH The Scots College

AAGPS 2nd XV
1. Jacob STOREY (N)
2. Dylan WOODS-BRUDENELL (c) (S)
3. Teu ATIOLA (N)
4. Michael FENN (I)
5. Nick BROWN (K)
6. Dylan PIETSCH (K)
7. Tom SERHON (N)
8. James DOYLE (E)
9. Matt LONG (N)
10. Bayley KUENZLE (N)
11. Blaine BARNES (J)
12. Nick WILKINSON (J)
13. Jack HAWKINS (S)
14. Tyron TAUKAMO (N)
15. Tim CLEMENTS (J)

Coaches: Anthony COOK and Jason GRIER St. Ignatius, Riverview

AAGPS Blue
1. Layton HOLLEY (J)
2. Jake HEDGE (E)
3. Opeti HELU (N)
4. Tom LEAVER (J)
5. Rory SUTTOR (E)
6. Elliot GHERIG (I)
7. Lachie SIMPSON (c) (J)
8. Nathan LAWSON (N)
9. Will HASKIN (E)
10. Jack MANN (K)
11. Dom METE (I)
12. Matthew ORPEN (K)
13. Will TERRY (I)
14. Yrribi JAFFER-WILLIAMS (J)
15. Rhys MILLER (K)

Coaches: Dave WESTON and Gareth INCHES, Shore Schooll

AAGPS White
1. Moffatt MALONEY (G)
2. Harry TODD (S)
3. Cameron FAZZARI (J)
4. Charlie MANNIX (N)
5. Jack TODHUNTER (I)
6. Fergus BRAGG (c) (E)
7. Campbell CLIFFORD (N)
8. Josh SMITH (G)
9. Will WENNERBOM (J)
10. Ollie COWLEY (E)
11. Chris ORPEN (K)
12. Jake PIRINA (I)
13. Nick STUBBS (K)
14. Sam GILFEDDER (N)
15. Conor HURLEY (I)

Coaches: Greg THOMPSON and Tim ANDERSON, St. Josephs College, Hunters Hill

Bench:
Sunny KIM (K)
Daniel LOMBARDI (K)
Frances CUTLER (I)
Jac PETTIT (K)
Dom McGRATH (J)
Joey SKELLY (K)
Louis HEATON (K)
Lachlan PATRICK (E)
Angus SIMPSON (S)
Christian CULLEN (S)
Wil MALLETT (G)
http://aagps.nsw.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/GPS-Representative-Teams-2015.pdf

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Can anyone have a stab at explaining the rationale for 4x AAGPS 'representative' teams plus 11 subs being chosen from 6 school teams? It almost seems designed to embarrass the small no. of 1st XV players who dont make it rather than reward the elite who do.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think the explanation is that GPS still think they need a thirds and since the draw wont work if they have 3 teams they have to also pick a 4th. CAS used to pick 3. Its not from 6, either, its from either 7, 8 or 9 depending on your point of view.
Just remember that Andrew Deegan played oz schools from GPS 3rds when there were only 3 teams and that was only about 2 years ago.
A quick look at the GPS thread will tell you that there are posters who already think kids in Blue or White should have been in 2s and 2s produced last year's first pick 5/8, just by way of example.

blindsideflanker

Allen Oxlade (6)
Can anyone have a stab at explaining the rationale for 4x AAGPS 'representative' teams plus 11 subs being chosen from 6 school teams? It almost seems designed to embarrass the small no. of 1st XV players who dont make it rather than reward the elite who do.
Totally agree with you. When you count the reserves it's like 5 rep teams picked from a 6 team competition. You must feel real bad as a player to miss out.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Totally agree with you. When you count the reserves it's like 5 rep teams picked from a 6 team competition. You must feel real bad as a player to miss out.
Pretty good lesson in the realities of life for some precious folk if they or their sons miss out.

What is important is that the 200 most talented Schoolboy players get a chance to trial for a position in the NSW All School Team. It matters little if a fair percentage of those come from one or two School Associations.

Sidebar: Selectors are human and make mistakes. The world doesn't end because one selector or group of selectors have an opinion that differs from a keyboard selector, parent, 1st XV coach, family member, relative or club coach.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
Try scorers: AICES 7 and 18.

CHS 8 and 13 (2).

Very good game thus far. CHS are bigger and look good when they can retain possession - especially when they can get the ball wide and on the front foot.

AICES strength seems to be the back row who are hungry at the breakdown and backs who are capable of capitalizing on their opportunities. AICES 10 is a standout for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.