• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Schools Under 16 Championships - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Would this be it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 398
S

sidelineview

I think the Presidents team plays one game which is against the Sydney NSW U15 side on the long weekend in October.
I'm sure we can all agree that is a fixture the kids have been absolutely crying out for!

... seems a strange match up. That's what's advertised on the SJRU website

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
. seems a strange match up

Lets be straight up about it: it allows them to pick a second team so that only half the boys miss out.
They should have picked 2 schools sides, as I am informed the ARU wanted them to do, and got rid of the nepotistic, empire building that haunts the club world at this level.

footyhead101

Frank Row (1)
I believe that the presidents xv is an absolute joke and slap in the face for all players selected. To just missing out on the team to play in the nationals for their age group, to then versing the state team who are an age younger is demoralising. Especially boys who easily deserved a spot in the sydney squad.. Picone, Sheldon, Osborne, Lombardi, Lynch and Basha just to name a few who I thought would certainly be in the 23 for sydney. Would love to see the outcome of the Presidents xv vs the Sydney team

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I believe that the presidents xv is an absolute joke and slap in the face for all players selected. To just missing out on the team to play in the nationals for their age group, to then versing the state team who are an age younger is demoralising. Especially boys who easily deserved a spot in the sydney squad.. Picone, Sheldon, Osborne, Lombardi, Lynch and Basha just to name a few who I thought would certainly be in the 23 for sydney. Would love to see the outcome of the Presidents xv vs the Sydney team

Well, they can't all be picked because there would be some good players miss out if they were.

S

sidelineview

Lets be straight up about it: it allows them to pick a second team so that only half the boys miss out.
They should have picked 2 schools sides, as I am informed the ARU wanted them to do, and got rid of the nepotistic, empire building that haunts the club world at this level.

OK, I understand .. and then they all could have played in the U16s Comp in Oct? instead of having a token SJRU team so 'only half the boys miss out'.
How many teams compete on that weekend?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I must have been at the wrong ground.

8 MNZ selections has me scratching my head and a couple of selections simply beggar belief.

I wonder if we agree about those couple? I suspect we do.
OK, I understand .. and then they all could have played in the U16s Comp in Oct? instead of having a token SJRU team so 'only half the boys miss out'.
How many teams compete on that weekend?

there's no comp - its a pick up game i gather - the Pres XV are not mentioned in the "Invitational Carnival".
some boys will be well into cricket etc by October long weekend and at this age they are vying for selection in teams that have some significance to them.

S

sidelineview

Cricket isn't normally played on the Oct long weekend but it is late to be playing footy.
It's a bit of a mystery ut all will be revealed about this 'invitational carnival' in Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.