• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Schools Under 16 Championships - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

magpie52

Feel for the many Riverview under 16 kids who were not able to trial and play because of their involvement in a school Jesuit mission. Riverview have been the dominant GPS team in the age group losing only 1 game in the 13s, 14s and 15s.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Some indication of the GPS schools' priorities - which is why I doubt they'll add another round of rep fixtures in 2016 even if the sporting calendar permits it

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
Feel for the many Riverview under 16 kids who were not able to trial and play because of their involvement in a school Jesuit mission. Riverview have been the dominant GPS team in the age group losing only 1 game in the 13s, 14s and 15s.

About 5 missed out. All would've contended for spots in the Pres A's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

number 6

Allen Oxlade (6)
Programme for today:
Cup 10.00am CHS 2 v CAS (7v8)
Bowl 11.30am AICES v President's B (5v6)
Plate 1.00pm CHS 1 v CCC (3v4)
Shield 2.30pm ISA v President's A (1v2)

The relative positions of CAS and CCC are a surprise. On the opens thread a number of CAS supporters were very bullish about the CAS 16s.
Good to see these results. I imagine that the CCC side will hover around the top four for some time, as the talent coming through is extremely strong in the 14s & 15s age groups. This is from what I have seen at regional tournaments - Coast to Country Cup for example.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Pres A 35 d ISA 12. A gutsy effort by ISA, but too many handling errors gave plenty of ball to the bigger GPS forwards. GPS too well structured in the end and deserved the victory.

fortheloveofrugby

Stan Wickham (3)
Results from today at U/16's first 2 games
Cup Final CHS II drew with CAS 26-26
CAS had it won and attacked most of the game, but in the last 10 /15 mins of the game both teams started getting tired and not maintaining good ball security. CHS II scored a couple of intercept and /or against the run of play tries to draw level. They never gave up. Well done both teams.

Bowl Final Presidents XV B defeated AICES 33 - 15
At half time the AICES boys were playing out of their skin, dominating play going into the break 10 - 7 up.
The second half was a great tug of war with AICES scoring a brilliant try to go 15- 7 up with approx. 7 mins to go. Unfortunately they lost a few boys to injuries (esp their hard running #8 Iakopo Esera) and the Presidents boy started to show their experience and better ball security, running in a number of tries to win 33- 15.
This result was only reflective of the last five minutes of the game as AICES and Pres XV B were so close for the rest of the game. Congrats to the Pres XV on their good win and to the AICES boys who have shown they are no longer the 'easy beats'.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Some indication of the GPS schools' priorities - which is why I doubt they'll add another round of rep fixtures in 2016 even if the sporting calendar permits it

Think there would be plenty of school coaches who would not want any more rep fixtures. Cant See a situation where GPS don't play CAS. Been happening since Moses was a boy.

I thought Knox were the new world order for domination. why is there such a gap between CAS & GPS? You would think the best from 1 set of 6 schools verses the best from another set of 6 schools would be close thing.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Think there would be plenty of school coaches who would not want any more rep fixtures. Cant See a situation where GPS don't play CAS. Been happening since Moses was a boy.

I thought Knox were the new world order for domination. why is there such a gap between CAS & GPS? You would think the best from 1 set of 6 schools verses the best from another set of 6 schools would be close thing.

GPS has 9 schools, not 6.

In the 16's the gap was 3 points.

And last year the CAS won by 1. The gap is pretty small in the younger age group. And for the opens it might be as the other schools other than Knox are weak this year. Makes it harder to have a great rep team when there is only one school performing.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

On that basis any one of the other private school associations should thrash both GPS and CAS.
Its about demographics and aspiration I suspect.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
On that basis any one of the other private school associations should thrash both GPS and CAS.
Its about demographics and aspiration I suspect.
IS, understand there is 9 schools in GPS but in reality the Gps 1 & 2 teams will only be drawn from the 6 schools playing in the 1sts comp. Hugh Jarse explained sometime ago that High boys Choose the CHS pathway and TAS get selected for country. So yes Grammar boys are elligble but it would take a pretty special effort to get a GPS 1 or 2 selection playing from the thirds comp. So the practical reality is 6 schools. (I know I am referring to the open teams and could be in the wrong thread,)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
IS, understand there is 9 schools in GPS but in reality the Gps 1 & 2 teams will only be drawn from the 6 schools playing in the 1sts comp. Hugh Jarse explained sometime ago that High boys Choose the CHS pathway and TAS get selected for country. So yes Grammar boys are elligble but it would take a pretty special effort to get a GPS 1 or 2 selection playing from the thirds comp. So the practical reality is 6 schools. (I know I am referring to the open teams and could be in the wrong thread,)
You might need to do a bit more background on your fundamental assumption re opens and Grammar boys have played pres a's last 2 years.
There's no country any more but there were TAS boys in Pres.
But the point lies in the expectations of parents in the various systems.
The reason I think ISA is the key to rugby health is that it much bigger and covers a much wider geographic and socio economic constituency than either CAS or GPS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.