• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW U/15 Representative Team 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sydneybra

Elia would have made it if he played at number 8. They were looking for fitter, more mobile and jumpers in 2nd rowers.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
Thanks JC, he was notable
posible blind side flanker as well
I think bra is a bit preocupied by the lads in the north

S

Sydneybra

Thanks JC, he was notable
posible blind side flanker as well
I think bra is a bit preocupied by the lads in the north

Full credit to Northern Zone, I think they had a better F/A in the end

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
Any news or views on country 15s perfrmances at the state titles or since, they have had a few games now, noted the team lost to scotts 16s, a team that have an (obviously)older but average forward pack that I would expect a good rep team from 15s should be able to handle

bossmaster

Frank Row (1)
Picking an old scab now
complaining about referees decisions goes both ways and if you count dissalowed tries they may or may not have been, the kick touch judges were in the best place to see, would have been irrelivent.

players missing out this tear will have three chances next for higher rep honour.

those sellected can enjoy some of the best parts of rugby, incfluding, for some that miss out at the next level, being able to complain about the unfairness of the NSW selections after playing a touring Japenese side and country NSW.

Players are sellected for individuals skill and ability to perform in a manner that suits a game plan, as the levels get higher and more intense differences are smaller. the flow of any one game may or may not demonstrate a players best wares as much as their team or personal performance may be taken ito account

enjoy the rugby
yeah sure , but that doesnt mean there not wrong,doesnt really matter if a wz kid misses out

K

kbw

If you believe the bias is bad wait until next year when the boys hit 16 and NSW u16 Schoolboys; if you don't belong the favoured association (GPS) you have no hope (CCC).
Have a look at this years squad. Declan Moore from St Andrews is proof that hard work and no connections can work

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I agree kbw. Declan played great rugby in the ISA team which dominated every other forward pack they played. ( the sunday before Knox they beat CHS 6 tries to 2 from memory). Their loosies were everywhere and very hard to contain.
The only obvious political selection in this age group was the year before when a young lock was on for several minutes in the city/ country game. Sydney was pushed all over the park until he was taken off and the game turned around. Sad for the boy who just wasn't up to it and all the boys new it.
Don't know enough about CCC and Schools, but I read they had 9 boys selected at the next level. Not a bad number for a team that is not right up there.

whatever

Darby Loudon (17)
Have a look at this years squad. Declan Moore from St Andrews is proof that hard work and no connections can work

Mate, it was more a light-hearted comment on the perceived bias against CCC boys being non-selections in NSW School teams no matter what is put together on the field. Good Luck to Declan, but ISA is not CCC.

K

kbw

Mate, it was more a light-hearted comment on the perceived bias against CCC boys being non-selections in NSW School teams no matter what is put together on the field. Good Luck to Declan, but ISA is not CCC.

Its all good, I posted it due to my "almost" surprise that someone outside of GPS got in on hard work

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There are plenty of self interested officials at club, district and zone level in SJRU.

Most are in training for the pathway of mediocracy leading ultimately to a Tah board position.

Gus is one of the good ones.

Conversely there are also plenty of good honest administrators in MNZ.

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
I've been informed that the Sydney boys had in the vicinity of a 10 tries to nil victory over the Japanese touring side at Trinity this morning. Apparently, the Japanese were unable to compete with the size/mobility of the Sydney forwards & the backs had a field day. The country boys certainly aren't lacking in size.

Anyone at the game who would care to post some observations?

S

Sydneybra

I've been informed that the Sydney boys had in the vicinity of a 10 tries to nil victory over the Japanese touring side at Trinity this morning. Apparently, the Japanese were unable to compete with the size/mobility of the Sydney forwards & the backs had a field day. The country boys certainly aren't lacking in size.

Anyone at the game who would care to post some observations?

^61-0 was the score, thats all I know

Status
Not open for further replies.