• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nucifora GONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
ARU High Performance Manager David Nucifora has resigned.
Nucifora has performed the HPU role since 2008. He has also acted as a Wallabies selector and assistant coach under Robbie Deans and coached the Australian U20s.
A former Queensland and Wallabies hooker, Nucifora guided the Brumbies to the Super Rugby title in 2004 amid player unrest and was also in charge of the Blues.
Nucifora was closely aligned to former ARU chief executive John O'Neill, who recently stepped down to concentrate on his role as chairman of Echo Entertainment.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...a-quits-aru-role/story-e6frg7o6-1226541102361

T

TOCC

Might be a good bloke, I don't know...

But it's good to see a changing of the guard at the ARU

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Might be a good bloke, I don't know.
Depends where you ask - Canberra and Auckland are not the places to ask.

It's bizarre that the head of the high performance unit was also the U20's coach.

May as well leave Dracula in charge of the blood bank.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESS!!!!

SO, all we now have to get rid of is Deans, and then we might finally start playing to our actual potential. :D :eek:

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
First of all we get more Richie McCaw fan fiction on the front page and then Nucifora resigns. It really is Christmas.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
High Performance roles in sport are pretty ambiguous, I'm guessing he's in charge of development up to the Wallabies which includes the u20s, the two roles are pretty interlaced, nothing wrong with him doing both. Obviously he wasn't actually good at either though...

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
If the Wallabies performed as badly as the under 20s did this season, Deans would be out on his ear.

On top of that, the senior players had their worst injury toll in my memory, surely also cause for Nucifora to walk the plank,

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I only hope he has a career path elsewhere.
He might have been advised the writing was on the wall.
So who will be the next CEO - it's only two working days until Xmas and the ARU have said that they expected the new CEO to be announced prior to.
OMG..it's not... it couldn't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.