• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Air ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

da7374a72ef46a20b32d459a413adf86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Israel Dagg at risk of being dispatched to Pitcairns

--NZ Herald--

New Zealand's M.P (Minister for Phlegmatism) The RT.Hon. Sir Colin Meads (OBE, MBE, OBE) has today announced that prominent All Black Israel Dagg is in danger of being dispatched to the Pitcairn Islands forever "if he continues behaving like a bit of a dick."

If exiled, Dagg would join fellow disgraced All Black Byron Kelleher on the forlorn rocky outcrop. "I'm all for a bit of fun and games" continued Meads, "but this bloke just comes across as an insufferable attention-whoring foreigner. First, 4 years of tinpot bunny hops into midfield traffic now all this media wank superstar carry-on. Of course, he could redeem himself if he's part of a World Cup retention programme but, failing that, he is looking at bunny-hopping and mouth-running the remainder of his days away with only Kelleher to sit there as his half-captive, half cross-eyed, drooling audience. Bit of a cruel punishment when I think about it but oh well, I'm not the self-styled silly rapper in short pants here. Righto."

GetAzureFile.aspx%5C

islaPitcairn.jpg

"Your choice fella. Which of the above two scenarios is it. No, you can't bloody pick both, don't be so bloody stupid."
--Meads.

T

TOCC

Sorry your correct, the AB's marketing team would have zero input Into a advertisement that featured their players, their logo and their name.

NZ Air would have recruited an external marketing agency to come up with the concept for the ad, as per the terms of the sponsorship agreement the AB's team might have had some Input but the overall concept would be owned by NZ Air.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sorry your correct, the AB's marketing team would have zero input Into a advertisement that featured their players, their logo and their name.

It's an Air New Zealand in flight safety video..........

As TOCC pointed out - Air New Zealand would've contracted the firm to make the video and involved the All Blacks in what would be a mutually beneficial arrangement in a World Cup Year (Adidas also get some brand recognition)............

This is not the first time Air New Zealand has brought out a big production for their in flight safety videos:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This is the one they had when I last flew AIR NZ:

As someone mentioned, they're supposed to be a bit of fun, enjoy them (or don't) for what they are rather than looking for hidden meanings or whatever 'cos there ain't any.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Geez some of you jokers sure look hard to find things that upset you when All Blacks are involved. Christ I'm glad I don't live in your world if in flight safety videos upset you this much!!

giphy.gif

And no, the All Blacks don't upset us EVER!

giphy.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
ha, rugbys a doddle compared to how angry people get at the poofball.

Look at this Argie madman, doubly impressive because it appears virtually nothing is happening on the telly haha

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
NZ Air would have recruited an external marketing agency to come up with the concept for the ad, as per the terms of the sponsorship agreement the AB's team might have had some Input but the overall concept would be owned by NZ Air.

would've, should've, could've lets be honest, you have no idea what happened in the process of making this. But it's irrelevant, the AB's marketing department would have CERTAINLY had input and my initial point that i'd be stoked if the wallabies marketing department were 1/4 as proactive as the kiwis still stands. Seen this ad more than 10 times today on facebook, it's excellent exposure, bit of lighthearted fun, and incorporates a multimillion dollar movie franchise and a award winning singer....thats how you market to the masses

Status
Not open for further replies.