• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ and RSA waaaay ahead of us in developing talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Nick the way I see those pictures the talent has already been developed. You guys have no change when it come to our home made koeksusters. :lmao:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Actually Paarl, the problem is we have the raw materials, but we lack the structure to bring them to the world stage of S14 - there are no cheerleader girls for the Australian teams and I have no idea why. Sydney is swimming in talent and the Tahs refuse to use them. QLD has the Gold Coast to comb for tottie and when they did that people complained that the girls were dancing (shock horror) in too sexual a manner. Of course, up there any woman seen displaying her ankles to the public is immediately deemed a witch and burned alive :)

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
God, I'd murder some koeksusters. And not just the cheerleader-material variety, either. Mmmmmm... Syrup-soaked fried goodness.... :p :p :p

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
NTA said:
Actually Paarl, the problem is we have the raw materials, but we lack the structure to bring them to the world stage of S14 - there are no cheerleader girls for the Australian teams and I have no idea why. Sydney is swimming in talent and the Tahs refuse to use them. QLD has the Gold Coast to comb for tottie and when they did that people complained that the girls were dancing (shock horror) in too sexual a manner. Of course, up there any woman seen displaying her ankles to the public is immediately deemed a witch and burned alive :)
No wonder Red Bull struggle to get a Mrs. :fishing Look I am not a young man anymore but I love the cheerleaders dancing before the games starts. This dancing is great entertainment for the crowd but then we do have French and Hollyland (Dutch) blood in our lot. You guys have to much soutie in yours, think thats the problem.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Ah Oom - you should see some of them over here my friend. Even the blokes I've had visiting from Brisbane reckon there is something the water here that makes a production line of beauties of every race and creed :)

Major Spliff Biggins

Fred Wood (13)
Cheerleaders are an American misogynistic nonsense.

They have no place on an Australian rugby field, and should be restricted to the magazines under my bed.

Whatever happened to having a wood chop before the match?
Nothing better than some hairy backed Tasweigen smashing a few logs with a blunt axe to the get the crowd excited.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
NTA said:
Ah Oom - you should see some of them over here my friend. Even the blokes I've had visiting from Brisbane reckon there is something the water here that makes a production line of beauties of every race and creed :)

Sydney being Sydney, it's just a pity that they're blokes, huh, NTA...?

I've been to both. Stellenbosch wins, hands down. It's like Ipanema with great wine. :p ;D

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I agree Major. I like looking at semi-naked women, naked women, women covered in sump oil, the list goes on. But there's rugby time and women time. You don't need to mix the two.

I reckon - no irony or mischief here - that Tah Man abseiling from the roof of the SFS was tops!

T

Turban

The force have cheerleaders. It's just that they wear burqa's. :-[

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Scarfman said:
I agree Major. I like looking at semi-naked women, naked women, women covered in sump oil, the list goes on. But there's rugby time and women time. You don't need to mix the two.

I reckon - no irony or mischief here - that Tah Man abseiling from the roof of the SFS was tops!
OK look at your threads heading:NZ and RSA waaaay ahead of us in developing talent

:lmao:

Major Spliff Biggins

Fred Wood (13)
I was always of the opinion that Yanks created Cheerleaders to keep fans interested during their god awful boring sport.
ie NFL. With the amount of stoppages in the game, it's the only way to keep the man folk interested.

Rugby don't need that. At least in Oz.
Maybe I had always had my fix travelling to games from Coogee or Bondi Beach, where the talent is plentiful, and no longer required
a bounty of tanned goodness?

But, comparing NRL cheerleaders to the SAFFA and Kiwi lasses- yeah the talent is way ahead.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Look the cheerleaders performs before games and not during games . Its just the way to entertain the crowd beforehand. We have our Vodacom Cup curtain raisers but the games end way before kick off. and ours isnt cheerleeders, they are professional dancers doing their stuff on the pitch. Anyway my eyes is bad these days as I get older, cant even see the medicine bottles prescription and have to holding it skew but when they perform, my eyeview change within seconds.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Scarfman said:
But there's rugby time and women time. You don't need to mix the two.

I wasn't planning to - like the Sharks girls, any time up until kickoff is firm-bodied young wenches in skimpy outfits. Minutes 1-40 are rugby time, then the 10 minute filler is for more skimposity before the second half. Once that is done its off to the pub!

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Have we finally uncovered the reason why the South African teams can't perform away from home ?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Naza you may have a point there. I nearly forgot. Took this one from my Newlands box possie (I have a special lucky seat on the steps) on saturday , specially for this thread. Must add not the best of pictures from my mobile and had already three charge office coffees .

Brumbie.jpg

S

Spook

I hope you cheered the Brumbies and Stomers in equal measures PB :thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.