• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ domestic competitions 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Couldn't agree more about Aumua 2blues, by geez a few people should get on his wagon, this id one of most exciting youmg players I have seen for a little while!!

MungoMan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Couldn't agree more about Aumua 2blues, by geez a few people should get on his wagon, this id one of most exciting youmg players I have seen for a little while!!

Re the Aumua try: I'm bludging on hols in NZ currently and was at the Caketin for this. Aumua scored on the far side of the ground, and when I glimpsed No.2 on his back as he was returning after scoring I immediately called bullshit on my optometrist. It took several glances at the big screen to convince myself my eyesight hadn't failed utterly. No.2s should be doing that manner of thing. Against yer natural order, it is...

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hansen probably already has him as a Bolter for the November tests. (he did the same with Rieko Ioane and Jordie Barrett last year, we all saw how that turned out)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Auckland's woes continue:

If Counties beat BoP on Sunday the once-mighty Aucks will be last in the Prem.

Speaking of mighty, the 'nua juggernaut rolls into Otaki tomorrow to crush East Coast.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez the Otago boys just beat Auckland up last night I thought, talk about more passion, it was like Otago of old!

Hells teeth so the Mighty Nua playing at Otaki? By geez these top teams certainly get to travel and play in some exotic places don't they?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^ I'm betting ECRU will have instructed the team manager/ bus driver to count the players getting back on the bus to make sure none have been tempted away by the bright lights of Otaki :)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^^^^^^ I'm betting ECRU will have instructed the team manager/ bus driver to count the players getting back on the bus to make sure none have been tempted away by the bright lights of Otaki :)

Yep even if the lights are mostly from the few cars act passing through on the main road north or south!!!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Heartland results:

Buller 29 (James Lash 2, Erenimo Tau, Josh Tuidriva tries; Lash 3 con, pen) Wairarapa Bush 24 (Epeli Rayaqayaya, Robbie Anderson, James Pakoti, Soli Malatai tries; Tim Priest 2 con). HT:

Horowhenua Kapiti 52 (David McErlane 3, Willie Paia'aua, James So'oialo, Ryan Shelford, Robert Millar tries; So'oialo 4 con, pen; L McMahon 3 con) East Coast 3 (Kris Palmer pen). HT: 10-3

King Country 36 (Kieron Rollinson, Rob Sherson, Alby Mathewson, Stephen Turner, Jesse Williams tries; Rollinson 3 con, pen; Stormy McCarthy con) Thames Valley 45 (George Lelenoa, Jarrod Goodall, Hayden Wisnewski, Harry Lafituanai, Tyrone Keith tries; Goodall 4 con, 2 pen; Beau Hamilton 2 pen). HT:

Mid Canterbury 40 (Maleli Sau 2, Willie McGoon, Christian Vainerere tries; Jarred Percival 4 con, 4 pen) Wanganui 39 (Jona Sawailau, Timoci Seruwalu, Kaveni Dabenaise, Cameron Crowley 2, Craig Clare tries; Clare 3 con, pen). HT: 31-24

Poverty Bay 36 (Siosiua Moala, James Grogan, Andrew Tauatevalu 2, Anthony Karauria tries; Tauatevalu 4con, pen) West Coast 19 (Amenatave Tukana, Todd Struthers, Steve Soper tries; Nik Cumming 2 con). HT: 14-19

South Canterbury 36 (Kalavini Leatigaga 3, Brad Hemopo, Vatiliai Tora, Willie Wright tries; Wright 3 con) North Otago 29 (Lisala Halaeva, Lemi Masoe 2, Dan Lewis tries; Lewis 3 con, pen). HT: 22-15

South Cant'y now top of the table & mighty 'nua second!

http://www.heartlandchampionship.co.nz/

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I had seen the Mighty Nua's result WOB, fortuantely game was played at Otaki, not sure the Levin Domain scoreboard would have known how to put up that score!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlights:

In the Premiership Canterbury, Taranaki, North Harbour & Tasman have kicked clear of Waikato, Counties-Manukau & the once-mighty Aucks are now last & staring down the relegation barrel. In the Championship Wellington are well out in front with any of Otago, Bay of Plenty, Northland & Manawatu capable of making the semis & only Hawkes Bay & Southland out of contention.

http://www.mitre10cup.co.nz/Fixtures/Standings

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The Taniwha held on to beat Otago 32-30 last night. Geez I thought it was a bloody good entertaining game of rugby, loved the style of play, and have to admit to being really impressed with the Goodhue brothers. I always been keen on Jack at 12-13 and said so on here often, but his brother Josh at 4 is certainly a real good and more importantly a bloody hard non stop second rower. Seems in NZ families are the way to go with rugby players.

Status
Not open for further replies.