• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Competitions 2019

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tiaan Falcon gets his first run for the year.

Kid can still kick. Kid can still shred a defence on counter-attack. I think Tribe will be very glad they kept him on the books come next season.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Tiaan Falcon gets his first run for the year.

Kid can still kick. Kid can still shred a defence on counter-attack. I think Tribe will be very glad they kept him on the books come next season.

Geez I missed the game WOB, so Falcon went well, I pleased I rated him and thought Tribe missed him this season as I still think the boy might be a fairly good player .

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ came off the bench but had a big impact while he was out there. Big future if he stays healthy.

Hawke's Bay 22 (Tom Parsons, Ash Dixon, Folau Fakatava tries; Lincoln McClutchie, Tiaan Falcon cons, Falcon pen) Counties Manukau 10 (Johnny Kawau try; Orbyn Leger con, pen). HT: 12-3

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...-bay-bounce-back-in-mitre-10-cup-championship

Bay guaranteed a home semi but it's possible for Bay of Plenty to take top seeding off them: Magpies will need at least a four-try or losing BP v Mako next week to confirm top spot.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep wOB can see the Tribe going the 2 playmakers with him and DMac, even if I pissed the Canes nevr signed Falcon last year!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ speaking of Tribe 5/8's, I'm hearing that the "Cruden might be coming home" story was put out there by his agent to force his Japanese Club to say whether he's part of their plans for the back-to-back T14's. Not sure if it worked but haven't seen anything more so maybe it did.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Quite the comeback from Wellington & that four-try BP could prove crucial. JGB will be kicking himself for blowing the opportunity to also pick up a second BP. Certainly sets up next week's Cantabs v Harbour (which could (& will IMO) be a Shield challenge as well) as a virtual home SF shootout depending on how Wellys go v Mooloos.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Shield time!

IMG_0904.GIF

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Otago get back to within seven but of course Cantabs immediately restore it to 14.

If Cantabs win tonight they'll become the most successful Shield challenger ever with 16, currently tied with Aucks.

EDIT: apparently Cantabs & Aucks have now each won the Shield 16 times.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Otago 25-32 inside the last five & Cantabs a man down.....

Oh dear, attacking scrum Cantabs & they'll just grind & grind & grind some more.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ a really good pick-up for the Clan next year & you'd think he'll transfer to Otago at some point given the Cantab log-jam of outside backs.