• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Competitions 2019

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nine AB released for Round 3:

Brad Weber (Hawke's Bay) and Liam Coltman and Josh Ioane (Otago) for their match at McLean Park, Napier, on Thursday 22 August.

Vaea Fifita (Wellington) and Braydon Ennor (Canterbury) for their match at Westpac Stadium, Wellington, on Friday 23 August.

Atu Moli (Tasman) and Jackson Hemopo (Manawatu) for their match at Lansdowne Park, Blenheim, on Saturday 24 August.

Rieko Ioane for Auckland vs Bay of Plenty, Eden Park, Auckland, Saturday 24 August.

Luke Jacobson for Waikato vs Counties Manukau, Navigation Homes Stadium, Pukekohe, Saturday 24 August.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...-of-nine-all-blacks-released-for-mitre-10-cup

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Heartland XV to play Samoa on 31 August, part one of what they're calling the Pasifika Challenge, part two being Tonga v Fiji.

Forwards
Mark Atkins Poverty Bay
Scott Cameron Horowhenua Kapiti
Carl Carmichael King Country
Josh Clarke North Otago
Ralph Darling North Otago
James Goodger Wairarapa Bush
Campbell Hart Wanganui
Meli Kolinisau North Otago
Seta Koroitamana Mid Canterbury
Glen McIntyre Thames Valley
Brett Ranga Thames Valley
Troy Tauwhare West Coast
Adrian Wyrill Poverty Bay]

Backs
Craig Clare Wanganui
Sione Holani West Coast
Lindsay Horrocks Wanganui
Harry Lafiuanei Thames Valley
James Lash Buller
Kalavini Leatigaga South Canterbury
Peni Nabainivalu Wanganui
Willie Paiaua Horowhenua Kapiti
Timoci Serawalu Horowhenua Kapiti
William Wright South Canterbury
Matt Fetu (South Canterbury) is on stand by.

Clearly not enough Mighty 'nua players :)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
M10 Cup Round 3:

IMG_0879.PNG

As alluded to by Finsbury Girl above, Heartland Championship gets underway this week:

http://www.heartlandchampionship.co.nz

Defending champions are Thames Valley (Meads Cup) & Horowhenua Kapiti aka Mighty 'nua (Lochore Cup).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Heartland XV to play Samoa on 31 August, part one of what they're calling the Pasifika Challenge, part two being Tonga v Fiji.

Forwards
Mark Atkins Poverty Bay
Scott Cameron Horowhenua Kapiti
Carl Carmichael King Country
Josh Clarke North Otago
Ralph Darling North Otago
James Goodger Wairarapa Bush
Campbell Hart Wanganui
Meli Kolinisau North Otago
Seta Koroitamana Mid Canterbury
Glen McIntyre Thames Valley
Brett Ranga Thames Valley
Troy Tauwhare West Coast
Adrian Wyrill Poverty Bay]

Backs
Craig Clare Wanganui
Sione Holani West Coast
Lindsay Horrocks Wanganui
Harry Lafiuanei Thames Valley
James Lash Buller
Kalavini Leatigaga South Canterbury
Peni Nabainivalu Wanganui
Willie Paiaua Horowhenua Kapiti
Timoci Serawalu Horowhenua Kapiti
William Wright South Canterbury
Matt Fetu (South Canterbury) is on stand by.

Clearly not enough Mighty 'nua players :)

I agree, should be about 12 more!!!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Scoreboard somewhat flatters Otago:

Hawke's Bay 29 (Ash Dixon, Tom Parsons, Danny Toala, Brad Weber tries; Lincoln McClutchie 2 con, Danny Toala con, pen) Otago 21 (Jona Nareki, Josh Ioane, Michael Collins tries, Ioane 3 con).
HT: 17-7

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/p...o-in-the-battle-of-the-thirdstring-all-blacks

If this Round really is the last chance for certain players to clinch a RWC spot you'd have to say Coltman failed. But barring injury or lengthy suspension the team's already been chosen & the rest is just media BS.

EDIT: that said I think there's still an outside chance for Squire to make himself available & be picked, rightly or wrongly they like what he brings in terms of physicality (but very much a flat track bully IMO).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Enjoyed that game, like the look of that 20yo kid playing at 8 for the Bay, did some good stuff and seemed to work his arse off, good size too! There a lot to like about that Bay team, about 6-7 them only a couple of years out of school! Thought Ash Dixon looked best 2 on field , he went well.
Looking forward to Lions/Rams tonight.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ what's good for the Bay is those kids coming out of Hastings BHS are staying in the Bay not being poached by the bigger Unions of which Otago were of course the main beneficiary back in the day.

Bit of a cripple fight tonight but, hey, it's better than NRL & weather already seems to have ruined SL v NZ T2.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Pro footy has changed the pattern some what where the guy's leaving school would head off to Otago a few years back for an education are staying put to give footy a crack. Which has got to be good for the Bay.....glory days of the sixties around the corner?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ Gareth Evan is currently injured (infected forehead wound I've heard) then off o/s so I'm sure young Flanders will get those opportunities.

In breaking news, Dismal's second-fav utility forward is a late scratching for Wellys according to Dismal's second-fav comments guy.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Earlier today I described Wellys v Cantabs as "a bit of a cripple fight". I was wrong, it's a total cripple fight with the Cantabs only marginally less rubbish than the Wellys, the McKay try notwithstanding. To make matters worse it's raining again in Colombo so no cricket.