• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Competitions 2019

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cantabs 80-0 Southland was the highest score in NPC since 2012's Cantabs 84-0 Southland. I seem to recall the Aucks putting not quite 100 on someone sometime in the mid- or late '80's, can anyone confirm? I'm thinking it was probably someone fresh from Division 2, King Country or of similar stature. Or maybe I'm getting mixed up with an early-season Shield game v a Div 2 or 3 team. Whatever, it's really bugging me so any info one way or t'other would be much appreciated.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
IMG_0886.PNG

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Supposedly this is the Auckland side.

Plummer and Manu are very welcome returns.

1 Alex Hodgman, 2 Leni Apisai, 3 Marcel Renata, 4 Peter-Chanal Tagaloa, 5 Jack Whetton, 6 Hoskins Sotutu, 7 Blake Gibson, 8 Akira Ioane, 9 Jonathan Ruru, 10 Harry Plummer, 11 Salesi Rayasi, 12 TJ Faiane, 13 Tumua Manu, 14 Caleb Clarke, 15 Kurt Heatherley
Reserves:16 Robbie Abel, 17 Jarred Adams, 18 Taniela Koroi, 19 Jamie Lane, 20 Adrian Choat, 21 Danny Tusitala, 22 Dan Kirkpatrick, 23 Taniela Tele’a

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ nothing to do with this, of course.........

Canterbury 32 (Billy Harmon 2, Dallas McLeod, Ereatara Enari tries; Brett Cameron 2 pen 2 con, Fergus Burke con) Auckland 22 (Akira Ioane, Blake Gibson, Salesi Rayasi tries; Harry Plummer 2 con pen). HT: 20-10.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...-to-move-off-bottom-of-npc-premiership-ladder

Steelers now in the drop zone.

Late try to Otago & they regain the lead 17-13 at HT in Taranaki's Shield challenge.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez another proper Shield game, I couldn't see Otago ever winning that, but the bloody shield to hold on to and teams surely find extra energy and skill!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
True that, Dan, thought 'naki would pull away in the last 20 but Otago just kept on scrapping for everything. I hope they gave Koroi MOTM, he was into everything big time.

Otago 35 (Jona Nareki 2, Aleki Morris-Lome, Vilimoni Koroi tries; Vilimoni Koroi 3 con 3 pen) Taranaki 27 (Mitch Brown, Stephen Perofeta, Teihorangi Walden tries; Daniel Waite 3 con 2 pen). HT: 17-13

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...ly-shield-after-highscoring-win-over-taranaki