• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nz domestic rugby 2020

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Almost forgot........

IMG_1013.JPG

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Events this weekend have only served to intensify my distaste for the Crusaders.

Executive Impartial Review:

David Havili: "so classy, so this, so that....." meanwhile he turnstiles more tackles and rogers up every second thing he tries.

Sevu Reece: touched the ball at 30 min mark.

Braydon Ennor: whoop de doo, so he charged a kick cos dipshit Otere tried to take the fuycken thing 3 inches from the goalline. Something stiff and uninstinctive about this guy. Overrated?

Jack Goodhue: definitely not overrated ffs Conrad Smith with training wheels

George Bridge: oh fuck off. so he can catch bombs and chase kicks. cannot.beat.his.man.

Richie Mo’unga: ok that grubber restart to himself, recovery, and break couldve been the ballsiest thing I've ever seen. rag doll dwarf who has to get hidden on D in RWC semis but the kid has got something

Bryn Hall: goddamnit i was fantasising about this turncoat little shit getting his treachery turned into tears so I could screenshot and meme that fucken fairweather mug halfway to Onehunga and back

Tom Christie: big.fucking.deal

Codie Taylor: ok, this guy might be the real deal mentally now.

Joe Moody: big fat dumbo cheat moran.

Mitchell Drummond: beavis-faced sister fucker

Will Jordan: terrifying, hell on toast, just get him in black so my hate can at least abate to the low water mark for a few minutes ffs

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Great game.

Crusaders make you earn every point - you just can never build a decent enough lead against them to really put them under pressure.

Blues main weakness has been discipline and it showed again - they gibe away too many needless penalties every week. Moody is really the only crusader who does this.

Bridge v Telea was a total mismatch in the air and will be the main reason holding Telea back from any higher honours. Crusaders targetted him earlier this year and did so again. Blues should have switched Clarke to mark Bridge - that was a mistake.

Akira had a bloody good game at 6 I thought. Was really smashing people - now what he needs is consistency in performance.

BB was rubbish considering his reputation. When you consider he's the big player you bring in for big games - it's one of the worst games i've seen him play - a couple of nice kicks aside he also had some awful kicks - he adds no threat in attack and he gave away 2 penalties. He definitely looks like he has lost pace - 4 games in and 0 sign of his wheels.

Rieko must be starting to turn AB selector heads at 13. Keeps getting better there.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just finished watching the replay & I don't think you can over-state how pivotal that charged-down conversion was: if it goes over Loss Bleus are up by eight & CruSadists have to chase the game. Having to score twice to take the lead is a much tougher ask than only having to score once & any subsequent score being gravy.

On another matter I see that the Loss Bleus jury have returned their verdict on Beaugan:

IMG_1014.GIF

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Looks a tad breezy in Wellywood this afternoon...........

Edit: Smithy says 43kmh Northerly which means it'll swirl & may even appear to be blowing in different directions on either side of the field (once saw a beach ball almost do a full circuit of the ground, albeit there was a full-on gale that night, before a Red Badge killjoy stomped on it).

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Was clear obstruction to me, not sure why the commentators thought it wasn’t.

And now another obstruction.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If there's any justice & consistency that'll get called back, too. Yep, definite shepherd (unlike Dixon's) & sir is now 50/50 call-wise.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Even better! JBar with the assist. TMO having a closer look but ball was down before KvanW's foot hits the chalk. JBar hooks the conversion but 12-0 & 'canes will be relieved, 7-0 with that wind behind them for 35min was a pretty poor return.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Hard not to root for the Highlanders in this game. Defending so valiantly but just so little attacking ball. The tackle count is just crazy skewed (~60 / 140).