• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nz domestic rugby 2020

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
^ I think DP* may be referring to Cane's ref management. At this point I'd say Cane is probably a good-ish captain of the lead-by-example type but I do question his leadership at times: you just don't see him gathering the troops for the "let's not make cnuts of ourselves" talk that's necessary sometimes when stuff just isn't going your way. To be fair McCaw was much the same, ditto Read.

* edit: make that zer0.

More or less this. For all of his 1914 follow-me-over-the-top-chaps bravado, Read was hapless as two Frenchmen decided to ignore the laws, do their own thing, and enshrine him as the first All Blacks captain to fail to beat the Lions since the 70's. The f*ck that would've happened under McCaw.

Whitelock, meanwhile, is a stone cold killer. Would have him as captain every day of the week.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Think we need a few scrums so Sheriff Karl and deputies Ofa and Kurt can lay down the law to these uppity southrons.....

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
BB goalshots ffs he's got the yips. Wayy too front-on.

FWT Afterdavid, 10 pt turnaround is right. That plus Blues going up 12-0 after 12 mins then AGAIN clocking off and giving away 4 pens in 5 mins to leak 10 pts bugger me. Blues should be up by 30 by now, scoring tries at will.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
And I thought the “knock on” decision yesterday was bad - f&*# me that was atrocious

I actually thought it was bang on, big Karl was in offside position and dived in the way, once you caught behind a ruck or something, you have to make sure you get out of the way, he would of been better to stand still with hands in air.

By Geez Ofa T is bloody playing well, I would argue he actually playing better thab Owen Franks ever did (and I a huge Franks fan)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Just replayed the penalty Karl T knew what he was doing , bit like the old foot 'accidentily' holding a ball in ruck.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeah, wasn't ASmith's tantrum the sort of shit refs were saying was out of order just this week?

Classic establishment defending airport cubicle sex pests. Smh.

FWT Afterdavid, 10 pt turnaround is right. That plus Blues going up 12-0 after 12 mins then AGAIN clocking off and giving away 4 pens in 5 mins to leak 10 pts bugger me. Blues should be up by 30 by now, scoring tries at will.

Good guy Blues not abusing their superiority to run up a big score but, instead, keeping it interesting. Unlike a certain unnamed Death Star franchise residing within Timaru-upon-steroids.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
It's a shame we couldn't fly in some international refs to spare us being punished by the likes of O'Keeffe and Pickerill. Imagine bringing out some of those mad cap French refs (Poite, Garces et al), forming them into the four horsemen of the refereeing apocalypse, and putting them in charge of every Crusaders match. Would've absolutely spiced up every match with their chaotic neutral stupid.

Seem to recall that Gardner was voted best ref by the NZ players in a poll. You're welcome to him.