• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nz domestic rugby 2020

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Codie Taylor livid at the ref for calling both sides equally here at Tinpot Lancaster Park.

Goodhue hardly playing like the tenured AB centre to be selected at all times ahead of Rieko and Laumape.

Crossword Frizzle going great guns now. Jerry Collins-like on D. Anyone wanting Scott Barrett at 6 instead has red and black rocks in their head

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Frizzel is surely bloody top man again. Bloody Codie Taylor is still the best 2 anywhere just now.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Great game

Edit: Mo’unga is currently clearly the best 10 playing anywhere
Edit #2 Iaone not so bad either :)

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Suspect we're witnessing some 36D intergalactic chess play from the Crusaders here; throwing the match at home just so they can troll the Blues into believing they have a final on their hands, before swanning into Auckland and smashing the Blues for the absolute giggles.

Regardless, I'm willing to take the bait. So go you good f*cken Highlanders!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
By geez that was another bloody good game, a few boys will want a rest after that. Frizzell played himself to a standstill, Ioane went bloody well, Nugget Smith left nothing out there.. And the usual suspects for the Crusaders. Cody Taylor rocks as a hooker!!

WOB didn't realise that Bill Doyle carved the trophy, he captained Rahui when I first moved back to the Mighty Nua in the early 80s.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlights:

Standings:

IMG_1027.JPG

Getting the party started:

IMG_1028.JPG

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Some big selection calls for Razor this week. Jager will obviously be out & even if Moody's injury isn't that severe is there any real point risking him v Loss Bleus? SamW has played every minute & Mo'unga all but a very few so do you make them go around again, rest them or give them 50 mins at the start/ 30 at the end?

Already some "dead rubber" chat out there but Razor did say post-match yesterday that it's a "statement match" so I'm guessing he'll start with the best XV available & empty the bench at some point around the 50-60 min mark.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ made no real attempt to ensure Weber landed safely so I think he's in real trouble.

Anyhow, with SRAo all but done & dusted it's nearly NPC time!

Sadly there's no Heartland Championship, although Buller, North Otago, South- & Mid Canterbury have organised a quadrangular comp & hopefully something(s) similar can be put in place in the North.

First match of consequence is Cantabs' pre-season Ranfurly Shield defence v North Otago on 28 August. Presumably Moody, Taylor, Whitelock, Mo'unga & Goodhue will be involved in for South v North the following day but even so it'll be little more than an opposed training run.

The Shield gets real on 19 September v Taranaki with other challengers being Wellington on 3 October, Waikato on 18 October, Otago on 30 October & Auckland on 15 November. Looks like Mako's only chance of a challenge is if Wellington take it then defend it v Otago & North Harbour.

This year's Premiership teams are Auckland, Bay of Plenty (promoted from Championship), Canterbury, North Harbour, Tasman (defending champions), Waikato, Wellington.

Championship teams are Counties-Manukau (relegated from Premiership), Hawke's Bay, Manawatu, Northland, Otago, Southland, Taranaki.

Full draw here:

https://www.provincial.rugby/mitre-10-cup/mitre10-cup-fixtures/

I haven't seen any squads published yet but Tasman have signed Mark Talea from Auckland & Sevu Reece from Waikato & there's several guys returning from overseas including Liam Messam for Waikato, Baden Kerr for Counties-Manukau & Sona Taumalolo for Hawke's Bay.