• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
One Nut Cruden with another wide-out deal-clincher off the tee.

Liam Squire. Surely his middle name is just a comma

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Like the way the Chiefs have recruited again this year, I think Squire has the goods, and by the time the injured players (Tom Marshall,R Robinson and Abercrombie) get back they could have a little bit of depth.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Of course I meant Anscombe, I was just seeing who is awake etc. My apologies to to Anscombe. Just out of interest Dismal, how long do you think he will stick with Chiefs, he has got Welsh grandparents so imagine he will get some offers from over that way.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
yeah i dunno, he's still very young but he's never gonna wrench the Chiefs 1st 5 jumper off One Nut now. And with Mils back at 15 it doesnt look flash for him--but still, injuries, Mils must be creaky as hell by now, look at Carter & Mcccaw, constantly crocked.

From memory Abercrombsiescombe's Dad was a real go-getter sort, his coach in the NZ u20's? He'd be the sort to lever some enquiries overseas, set the boy up

V.good value player iHomo, solid kicking and a real knack for turning up at try time. Kirwan was a dope to waive him, yeah lets go with Noakes at 1st 5.

Although both shoulders operated on already, hope he doesnt go the Kahui route.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
yeah i dunno, he's still very young but he's never gonna wrench the Chiefs 1st 5 jumper off One Nut now. And with Mils back at 15 it doesnt look flash for him--but still, injuries, Mils must be creaky as hell by now, look at Carter & Mcccaw, constantly crocked.

From memory Abercrombsiescombe's Dad was a real go-getter sort, his coach in the NZ u20's? He'd be the sort to lever some enquiries overseas, set the boy up

V.good value player iHomo, solid kicking and a real knack for turning up at try time. Kirwan was a dope to waive him, yeah lets go with Noakes at 1st 5.

Although both shoulders operated on already, hope he doesnt go the Kahui route.

From his time in the U20s and since, I've always thought he is just about the complete player, very able at 10 and 15, and an excellent goal kicker to boot. If he stays with the Chiefs, I expect him to replace Mils probably next year.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Mccaw is not a Super 15 player.

110 test match wins.

Why is he the GOAT? Not the flashest hands, not the fastest, not the show pony Pocock beach guns-- but no matter how hard the other poor pricks try, he goes and tries harder. Then NZ win. Again. Iron Horse. Iron Will.

Agreed, but time catches up with everyone eventually. I'm just wondering how soon for Ritchie.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Blues vs Bulls.

Benji not even in match day squad.

Kirwan has full faith in Hickey backing up his spectacular effort against the Crusaders – but has Chris Noakes in for Benji Marshall on the bench as an insurance policy.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pathetic by SANZAR referees. Zero consistency. Referring to the Burger penalty after being held onto, I agree with the decision but last week Fugistaller was sent off for retaliating to being held on.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Pathetic by SANZAR referees. Zero consistency. Referring to the Burger penalty after being held onto, I agree with the decision but last week Fugistaller was sent off for retaliating to being held on.
i was about to say the same thing.
bravo Ryan Hoffman.
last week Fuglistaller deserved the binning for being stupid, but the penalty should have gone to the Rebs for Cooke holding on

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
They were both different scenarios. Fuglistaller uppercut Jean Cook in the chest; Schalk Burger was breaking the hold of Franks and swung and miss with his "punch"

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Crusaders making all the play with all the possession / territory but it all goes a bit flaccid at the pointy end.
Problem is, they aren't making much play. The attack in the Stormers 22 is so slow and lateral, really Tah-like (2010-12) and it stems from some really ponderous work from Heinz.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
And with the try to de Allende, Stormers are now 13-3 with 25 minutes to play.

Abysmal by the Crusaders; 3 points after 55 minutes at home, with a majority of territory and possession in the first half.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Saders sneak home in the end. With all the territory and possession you would have expected them to do it easy.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I really enjoyed that game, it wasn't pretty but bloody hard rugby. Geez it great to see Burger back on the field,he is one hard mother!!
Those kind of games are what I am talking about when I say NZ super teams need to play SA teams in super rugby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.