• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ v Fiji Test 22/Jul/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just tuned in to this. Interested to see how Colin Slade goes.

All Blacks get a penalty straight in front of the sticks, they take it. We should take note.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I forgot Hoeata, a real bolter. I'm not expecting a Samoa type situation in this game from Fiji. I love it when two teams have opposing war dances it looks awesome.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
The scrums are a bit hard to watch but personally I find failing to get over the gain line and constantly getting smashed at the breakdown to be far more irritating. Fijians playing really well in patches.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Yeh Fiji are defending pretty well, but in attack Bai isn't doing anything for them (he usually is 12 not 10), but he is lacking and really explosiveness and creativity that Fiji need. Their big no.4 runs it well.

They are nowhere near the level Samoa has risen to recently.

U

Utility Back

Fiji flyhalf is awful, halting any Possible momentum with flat footidness.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Not that impressed. NZ struggling to get across the gain line from first phase partly due to ill-decision from Slade, but stretching the ball wide once Fiji are committed in close. Fiji are physical, committed on defense and hitting hard but haven't had any decent ball being under pressure at scrum time and lineout.

Anybody else still think the scrums are fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.