• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ vs AUS 1st Cricket Test 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Good luck fellas. Just to get the banter off to a good start:

jesse_ryder_1421781c.jpg

Hahahaha....

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
That ball actually rebounded off Jesse Ryder's belly and went for six over deep cover...

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Cutting overlooked in favour of Starc and Pattinson. First time I've been legitimately worried about losing to the Kiwi's. How the hell is Siddle still in the side, and same goes for Haddin.

Really rate Ross Taylor and Martin Guptill, Brendan McCullum is also a threat.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
How the hell is Siddle still in the side, and same goes for Haddin.

Really rate Ross Taylor and Martin Guptill, Brendan McCullum is also a threat.

Siddle still swings the ball and pitches it up. He's a legitimate threat.

Ross Taylor is awesome. I actually wouldn't mind him getting a century if we beat them. Great to watch.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
NZ 0/44 and not really being troubled. May be another long summer without Harris and Johnson if they stay injured. Think they made a mistake leaving Cutting out on his home deck.

Edit: 1/44 - good ball Siddle

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Warner out for 3, Hughes out for 10. Great start.

Fortunately old man and that guy with the name no one can spell are looking solid. 2/85 with rain clouds looming.

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
That ball actually rebounded off Jesse Ryder's belly and went for six over deep cover...

I had to google Jesse Ryder yesterday after reading the SMH online report about the first day's play.

Caught Warner bowled Starc is never going to be Marsh and Lillee, but the combination figured again after lunch when Jesse Ryder, who seemed as capable of letting a ball pass his off stump as a slice of pizza, slashed loosely.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
This happended a while ago but great stuff by Clarke getting his tonne. No booing from the Gabba, interesting.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Afternoon session in progress. Kiwi's struggling to clean up the tail but will still probably be batting later this afternoon.

Clarke well made 138 but cleaned up after tea. Haddin 71no, Starc 7no. Aus 8/388

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Lucky there is Cricket Info as we've stopped here to go to the News.

McCullum gone last over of the day by Pattinson!

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Oz on top with Mccalum back in the sheds. A good days cricket, NZ competitve but didn't take their chances. This game could have been anything for the kiwis but instead they are on the backfoot and will do well to save the game from here. Very handy contribution from Starc at the end of the Aus innings.

KOK and Morphet were on fire on the ABC radio coverage for anyone listening. I'm pretty sure KOK got a but happy at lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.