• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Obituaries

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Eric Watson, 91. Coached Otago, coached the NZ Juniors (U23) that famously beat the All Blacks in 1973, then coached the AB 1979-80 incl the unsuccessful tour of Straya & the hugely successful short tour of Wales. He coached an almost 1960's-70's South African style of footy: ferocious rucking, tackling & carrying up front, hard & direct running from the backs.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...ack-coach-eric-watson-dies-in-dunedin-aged-91

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Eric Watson, 91. Coached Otago, coached the NZ Juniors (U23) that famously beat the All Blacks in 1973, then coached the AB 1979-80 incl the unsuccessful tour of Straya & the hugely successful short tour of Wales. He coached an almost 1960's-70's South African style of footy: ferocious rucking, tackling & carrying up front, hard & direct running from the backs.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...ack-coach-eric-watson-dies-in-dunedin-aged-91

Sad news. A great rugby man.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Just nuts.

There(ll be more than a few of us old grungeheads heading to discogs today to fossick for an old copy of Louder Than Love or Ultramega or the Fopp ep or Screaming Life ep. As well as searching, again, for the Slaves and Bulldozers 7” only to find, incredulously, it was never actually released as a 7” single.

What hope do us dweebs have when the Robert Plant of our generation goes and kills himself.

Just fucked.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Everytime I turn on the radio or the internet there's another reminder of the talent we lost this week.
I think at 2 pm Rebel radio are going full Cornell. I think I'll avoid it..

Daughters reaction was meh and a couple of hours later 'the Audioslave guy?'
Me 'yep'
Her 'ohhh...'
The missus 'who is Chris Cornell?'
The guy who's music I've been playing for 25 fucking years. I swear if I thought I was a chance with a new model she'd be gone!
No, not really wouldn't swap her for most of the woman on the planet and she knows aboit the ones she'd be in trouble with.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I've been going hard on his music since I heard, and I have a shitload of his music in my library. Chris wrote a song on one of his solo albums that was dedicated to his mate Jeff Buckley; it's the perfect song for Chris at the moment.

It's just fucking awful news.

catweazle

Frank Row (1)
Surprised that the passing of Sir Roger Moore didn't get a mention. The longest serving James Bond (7 films appearances) died last week after a brief battle with cancer, he was 89 years old.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Surprised that the passing of Sir Roger Moore didn't get a mention. The longest serving James Bond (7 films appearances) died last week after a brief battle with cancer, he was 89 years old.

And allows me to post this awesome story about him.

5790c96e6d50309d270329dba8cb47a6.jpg