• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Oz Injury Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I have kind of lost track of injuries for next season. So let's keep a track of it all here. So far we have:

Reds:
- Berrick Barnes = any word here? I think it sounds like he should be back for round 1 right?
- James Horwill = likely to miss a few games at the start?

Tahs:
- Matt Dunning = to be confirmed, but possibly could miss the season.
- Sekope Kepu = to be confirmed, but could aslo miss the season?
- Wycliffe Palu = could possibly miss the season as well, due to operation?
- Timana Tahu = you'd think he'd be back right?

Brums:
Anyone? Other than Stirlo's double vision.

Force:
- Nathan Sharpe = thumb, should be right.
- Cameron Shepherd = no idea, I assume he will be right for the start of the season.

Any others?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Berrick Barnes did a PCL and faces 4 - 6 weeks - he'll be back for the preseason trials.

James Horwill did a ligament in his foot and needed 6 months from his op (operation was earlyish October). He's estimated to miss half of the S14, but there were hopes that he could be back earlier.

If both Dunning and Kepu get 6 months on the sidelines they are done for the S14 season.

There was no word that I saw on how long Tahu would be out, but I would've thought he'd be back well before the preseason trials.

P

PhucNgo

cyclopath said:
Beale - nasty oesophageal strain from too many pies.

It was just too much of a temptation after Morgs went north. :lmao:

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
PhucNgo said:
cyclopath said:

I think that Beale should be praised for stepping into the breach following Morgs' departure. The big question is, who will step into Dunning's pie eating shoes seeing as Dunning will unfortunately miss next season?

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Only really the Tahs with major injury problems but I have read on here that one of the back up props is unlucky not to be in the 22 before Dunning anyway.

If Palu is out then they'll be in trouble unless they play Freier at 2 & TPN at 8.

Cameron Shepherd is good to go so the Force are ok for the moment until the 1st piss up.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Ash said:
PhucNgo said:
cyclopath said:

I think that Beale should be praised for stepping into the breach following Morgs' departure. The big question is, who will step into Dunning's pie eating shoes seeing as Dunning will unfortunately miss next season?
Easy - Dunning drives the motorised pie-cart just a bit faster than Beale can run around the SFS, and get a hypnotist to make Dunning think he's allergic to pies.

F

formeropenside

Scarfman said:
Dunning should lose 10kgs and come back as a hooker.

I've always seen him as the answer to the Tahs perennial 10 crisis, myself.

R

rugbywhisperer

formeropenside said:
Scarfman said:
Dunning should lose 10kgs and come back as a hooker.
I've always seen him as the answer to the Tahs perennial 10 crisis, myself.

He's got the physique for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.