• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pacific Nations Cup 2015

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
3-all at the 20 min mark. Plenty of movement from both sides but also plenty of last-pass errors & many of them unforced, it's like they're trying too hard to make something happen instead of getting their fundamentals right & building from there. I guess that's why they're ranked where they are.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Somewhat surprised by the GF margin more so than the result. Less surprised that USA hung on to beat Canada 15-13. YouTube highlights to follow..........

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Is nemani nadolo injured? Thought he'd be playing for Fiji in this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
A few old Shute shield players in that lot too! Pritchard, Mack, McFarland, Volavola, campese ma'afu, Chris baumann what I can see. Sure there's a couple more. Played with a couple of them and remember being hit with a huge forearm that belonged to campese ma'afu at concord oval. Pretty sure I still have the dent hahah

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Also good to see Craig Wing in there. I wonder if he will feature at RWC2015

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nadolo came off injured v NZ Maori, pretty sure he hasn't played since & is in some doubt for RWC which would obviously be a huge blow for Fiji.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Build on that for those of us who didn't see the entire game.

Comment was based more on the selection of the two than the game itself.

Have never really rated Kelly at this level. Tries hard but is missing a lot of the physical attributes you'd want to see in a test 13. Doesn't have the playmaking ability to make up the difference.

Palamo is a talented player with a lot of potential when we have the ball but his defensive workrate is a huge problem and has been for years. Tackling isn't exactly great for a guy of his size either.

To me it was just a bit of a nothing center pairing that's imbalanced at best and a huge defensive liability at worst (the Samoan try where the fullback breaks the chase line was more or less a total fuck-up by Palamo/Kelly - AJ's kick aside).

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Comment was based more on the selection of the two than the game itself.

Have never really rated Kelly at this level. Tries hard but is missing a lot of the physical attributes you'd want to see in a test 13. Doesn't have the playmaking ability to make up the difference.

Palamo is a talented player with a lot of potential when we have the ball but his defensive workrate is a huge problem and has been for years. Tackling isn't exactly great for a guy of his size either.

To me it was just a bit of a nothing center pairing that's imbalanced at best and a huge defensive liability at worst (the Samoan try where the fullback breaks the chase line was more or less a total fuck-up by Palamo/Kelly - AJ's kick aside).

If go as far as to say from the three games I watched involving the Eagles it was this pairing that really stunted any attacking ability of the Eagles backline. Palamo for his size is largely ineffective going into contact and Kelly is a poor distributor. Against Japan he had time and space to distribute to Scully who would have had in turn had time and space to actually do something but instead Kelly threw a shocking pass. If it were rushed I'd somewhat understand but he had enough time to read the damn paper. If the Eagles could fix their centres and half back issue. They'd be pushing top 10 fairly soon.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Any idea how these can be watched in AUS?

Yes. Go to Cyclo's house. His address is 666 Wollongong Way, Australia.

big%20satellite%20dishes%20spain%20portugal%20massive%20satellite%20dishes.gif

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
With the Nations Championship apparently dead and buried I would really like to see Aus and NZ get involved in the PNC (Pacific Nations Cup) in the future. If the RC expands to 6 teams to include Japan and Fiji then the PNC (Pacific Nations Cup) could be scheduled to include the crossover fixtures. So an RC game between Aus.NZ, Japan and Fiji would also be PNC (Pacific Nations Cup) games with games scheduled in the July window and either side of the RC to make up the rest of the games.