1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pay dispute

Discussion in 'Cricket' started by The torpedo, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

In theory that was the case. I don't think there was ever any likelihood that the ability to spend that much was anywhere close to being possible.

It certainly wasn't something that the ACA held firm on.
  2. I like to watch Simon Poidevin (60)

How is grassroots funding part of the ACA brief?

It's a distraction.
    Quick Hands and Braveheart81 like this.
  3. Quick Hands David Wilson (68)

Money for the grass roots was what the board (CA) were holding out for.

The only money that the players were interested in was their own. Let's not pretend that this was anything other than a pay dispute in which the players wanted more money.

You'll convince me otherwise when they take a10% pay cut and ensure that the 10% is paid to local cricket clubs.

Personally I didn't find the position of either side very attractive, two groups of rich, greedy people arguing about how the pie is carved up.
    cyclopath likes this.
  4. WorkingClassRugger Mark Ella (57)

Just going from what I read regarding the early positions of both groups. The ACA wanted to have the fund come from the revenue sharing agreement while CA wanted to essentially end it but fund grassroots using a different model.

Regarding taking a pay cut. Well, it wasn't a pay cut but in 2015 the ACA membership pledged $20m for grassroots, player welfare, and women's cricket.
  5. Highlander35 Paul McLean (56)