1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

PDivvy blasts "Pointless Tri-Nations"

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by Tangawizi, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Tangawizi Peter Fenwicke (45)

Really? Perhaps only pointless if you decide to field a second-rate team for half the comp you prat! I wonder what JON thinks about these comments?

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/TriNations/Div-blasts-pointless-T3N-20110715

2. TOCC Guest

Either he needs a lesson in fundamental economics or he is just trying to dismiss a competition which he has already conceded his team will lose in 2011..
  3. Groucho Greg Davis (50)

He's just trying to deflect criticism. Maybe the furore has found its target.
  4. Mank Ted Thorn (20)

I missed the part where he 'blasts'? I also can't find the word pointless in any of his quotes. Do you guys really fall for this journalistic crap?

I do agree though, there should be no 3N in a RWC year.
    REDinCPT likes this.
  5. Bruwheresmycar Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Yea, South African news headlines are usually pretty dodgy. He didn't exactly slam anything.

Not sure about this one. I suppose they need the money (from the 3N) more than anything.
  6. FairWeatherAussie Ward Prentice (10)

I agree, time and time again Journalists take their hyperbole to new extremes. I, for one like having the tri nations to watch, even/especially as a build up to the world cup, and I guess it is money in the coffers for the union, but I can completely understand his sentiments. Just look how many injuries Australia suffered in the Super season. If I was a coach or player I'd be saying the same thime.
  7. Gagger Nick Farr-Jones (63)

A year with no income from internationals is a good idea?

I also think it's a pretty damn good warm up for the tournament. Nthn hemisphere are having to hold shitty friendlies instead
  8. en_force_er Geoff Shaw (53)

The 3Ns is someone devalued in a WC year but that doesn't mean there aren't economic and performance advantages through playing in it.