• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Penrith Emus

Status
Not open for further replies.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Is it just me or does anyone else agree that channel 2 should have been given some incentive to televise an emus game.
I know they are inconsistent but one thing is definitely going to happen and that is a bunch of tries.
:: Penrith Game History for this Season
Round Date Opponent Result
View Match Detail 10/04/2010 » Eastern Suburbs 39 to 55 Home Loss -
View Match Detail 17/04/2010 » Randwick 41 to 5 Away Loss -
View Match Detail 24/04/2010 » Parramatta 24 to 19 Home Win +
View Match Detail 1/05/2010 » Southern Districts 40 to 13 Away Loss -
View Match Detail 8/05/2010 » Warringah 21 to 20 Home Win +
View Match Detail 15/05/2010 » Northern Suburbs 34 to 20 Away Loss -
View Match Detail 22/05/2010 » West Harbour 14 to 10 Home Win +
View Match Detail 29/05/2010 » Eastwood 46 to 31 Away Loss -
View Match Detail 5/06/2010 » Gordon 33 to 17 Away Loss -
View Match Detail 19/06/2010 » Manly 7 to 27 Home Loss -
View Match Detail 26/06/2010 » Sydney University 76 to 18 Away Loss -
View Match Detail 3/07/2010 » Eastern Suburbs 75 to 17 Away Loss -
View Match Detail 10/07/2010 » Randwick 10 to 53 Home Loss -
View Match Detail 17/07/2010 » Parramatta 17 to 17 Away Draw 0
View Match Detail 24/07/2010 » Southern Districts 45 to 41 Home Win +
View Match Detail 31/07/2010 » Warringah 37 to 22 Away Loss -
View Match Detail 7/08/2010 » Northern Suburbs 45 to 36 Home Win +
View Match Detail 14/08/2010 » West Harbour 26 to 26 Away Draw 0
View Match Detail 21/08/2010 » Eastwood 22 to 58 Home Loss -
View Match Detail 28/08/2010 » Gordon 21 to 26 Home Loss -
View Match Detail 4/09/2010 » Manly
View Match Detail 11/09/2010 » Sydney University

Apart from a couple of hidings they have been consistently good over the year especially in the first half.
Kids want to be seen on TV, they dream of scoring the winning try, being the hero. They aspire to play in the NRL because it is promoted and marketed to all whether they be close to the coast or at the foot of the mountains.
Another example of not promoting and including a huge number of potential players.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Quite agree. IIRC none of the bottom three have been in a TV feature game which is very short-sighted. Admittedly a game involving these clubs may not have brought in the same viewing figures as Uni, Randwick etc game but given these viewing figures are quite low anyway and the ABC is supposedly not about market share, this shouldnt really be a factor. Perhaps seeing Parra having 50+ points put on them may not have made the best viewing but as you say Penrith (and Gordon) have been involved in some great games this year.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Riddler I hope it isn't just me but how many times do we have to watch eastwood. Competition leaders yes, but i to this day still cant understand why Brett Papworth doesn't remove himself from these games because often he shows that he is the President of the club by his comments not an impartial commentator.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think that's an excellent idea, lily. There are 22 competition rounds, i.e., 44 opportunities for a club to have their game on TV, and I think every club should be shown at least once.

Reactions: DPK

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Riddler I hope it isn't just me but how many times do we have to watch eastwood. Competition leaders yes, but i to this day still cant understand why Brett Papworth doesn't remove himself from these games because often he shows that he is the President of the club by his comments not an impartial commentator.

Everyone knows his links with Eastwood, but I have to say it doesn't bother me at all. It's no different to all those years I listed to Rex commentating on Manly games. Or Kearnsey on Tahs games.

T

TOCC

NSWRU subsidise the ABC to broadcast the matches, i wouldn't be surprised if they dictate what matches are shown

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Commentators with a vested interest just know more about the team they are commentating.

I don't find his commentating one eyed, he seems to understand when his team deserves to be penalised ect.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
someone get TVS broadcasting the games, it'll be their highest rating show (especially now that big ole arold is its chairman

Cyril Towers (30)
Commentators with a vested interest just know more about the team they are commentating.

I don't find his commentating one eyed, he seems to understand when his team deserves to be penalised ect.

I don't mind the pro Eastwood stuff he comes out with, it's the anti-Uni stuff that gives me the irrits.

T

the berries

Too true. I would not put my sponsor ship dollars on the back of a jersey with no National Tv coverage. By precluding The penrith side from television games prevents large scale corporate involvement. The greater west is full of companys with limited funds to spend on advertising., Combining a few sleve sponsorships , shorts coverage and Jersey deals would help the Club out enormously. But looks like the big clubs realise this and refuse to part with their TV air time. If union is to get fair dinkum then a fair go for all is required. Otherwise the silvertails will only have them selves to play with. And just quietly not to many people attend or watch these games in all honesty. Scoccer is pulling more punters so Rugby Union had better wake up.

Status
Not open for further replies.