• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pick your best Aussie test cricket line up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well the battle for the Numbers 3 batting spot is still up for grabs after today Hughes scored 1 and Khawaja got 21 in a shield game against Tas. WA have QLD on the ropes ar 7/179 on day one so will be interesting to see how Marsh goes with the bat.

Interestinly Steven Smith Hit 98 batting at 3 for NSW in the TAS game. Anyone have anything on this guy he was given a contract as a top 30 player in all 3 forms of the game but has not been selected in any Aus team?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Interestinly Steven Smith Hit 98 batting at 3 for NSW in the TAS game. Anyone have anything on this guy he was given a contract as a top 30 player in all 3 forms of the game but has not been selected in any Aus team?

No one can work out if he's a batsman or a bowler and even if they did he would be forced into doing the opposite. He was given the contract as an all-rounder and Watson is too far ahead of him, I'd also have Dave Hussey and Dan Christian before him in the pecking order. Might make his way back into the ODI team with a bit of luck but he doesn't seem to suit the test or T20 arena.

The best Test team right now would have to be, assuming all are fit:
Warner, Cowan, Watson, Clarke (C), Ponting, M. Hussey, Wade, Siddle, Pattinson, Cummins, Hilfenhaus, 12. Lyon.

ODI:
Warner, Watson, Ponting, Clarke (C), M. Hussey, D. Hussey, Wade, Lee, Hogg, Starc, Hilfenhaus, 12. Pattinson/Cummins

T20:
Warner, Wade, Birt, D. Hussey, Finch, Bailey (C), M. Marsh, Watson, Faulkner, Doherty, Lee

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah when he first came onto the scene he was touted as the next Warne. I remember a Cricket Show where he was having a coaching session from warne on his leg spinners. Then a year or 2 later he is in the test team as a batsmen???? NO idea.

Also on other new Shaun Marsh is 67 not out against QLD on day 2.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hasn't Marsh really gone off the boil since Sri Lanka series. His career is in free fall ATM. Shame as he a very good batsmen with plenty of potential at test level.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
The best Test team right now would have to be, assuming all are fit:
Warner, Cowan, Watson, Clarke (C), Ponting, M. Hussey, Wade, Siddle, Pattinson, Cummins, Hilfenhaus, 12. Lyon.

Yeah I'd go with that.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Refer to my 1st post. Mitchell Johnson wouldn't be anywhere near my test, odi or even T20 team these days.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Hasn't Marsh really gone off the boil since Sri Lanka series. His career is in free fall ATM. Shame as he a very good batsmen with plenty of potential at test level.

I'd be very surprised if he ever plays for Australia again. Gobs of talent, but he's never fully realised it Shield or test level. His brother is also in danger of heading that way too, which would be a massive shame. Blokes I know who've played against them both reckon the issue is mental, not one of ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.