• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pick your Wallaby team for EOYT

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
if there is any fact to this story at all then gits can walk as far as im concerned, he is payed and billed as the poster child but i dont actually think him not being there would do to much damage to the team at all.

a barnes, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) partnership in midfield is better than what we have currently. gits to 9 would be the best bet we could make, his goalkicking is good.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The best way to improve Git's play is to get a set of forwards providing a decent platform.

All 10s look shit behind a pack going backwards

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Gagger said:
this development could easily destabilise the team as it is known Giteau wants to remain the Test five-eighth.
If Giteau is moved to inside-centre, it could see him reconsider his future as an Australian player.

Good riddance ! We're struggling because of attitudes like that of Giteau's.

The more I hear from the Wallabies, the more I realise these guys are pampered spoiled little kids. They just don't get it. You are not entitled to shit. You have to earn it.

How about this middle management quote from Elsom

"We're always a very confident side but as a group we need to embrace the concept of being able to perform every week."

This is the guy being touted as captaincy material ? :lmao:

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
fatprop said:
The best way to improve Git's play is to get a set of forwards providing a decent platform.

same with number nines, in fact worse for nines, but apparantly excuses for giteau arnt there for burgess!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
waratahjesus said:
fatprop said:

same with number nines, in fact worse for nines, but apparantly excuses for giteau arnt there for burgess!

Burgess's challenge is that the only game the Wallaby pigs have stepped up in had Genia at 9 so he looked great.

The starters spot is now Genia's to lose.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Grumbles said:
this development could easily destabilise the team as it is known Giteau wants to remain the Test five-eighth. If Giteau is moved to inside-centre, it could see him reconsider his future as an Australian player.

[Giteau] has been disenchanted for some time and that at least two French clubs are desperate to get his services - sooner rather than later.

So according to this article, Giteau will get disenchanted if he doesn't play 10. Then it goes on to say that Giteau is already disenchanted despite having starting at 10 every test this year!

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I really hope this is a case of poor journalism as we don't want anyone playing for the Wallabies if they are willing to take their bat and ball and go home if they don't egt their way.

S

Spook

If the article is true I am appalled at Giteau. However, there are no quotes or anything in this piece. One of Grumbles specials.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
Spook said:
If the article is true I am appalled at Giteau. However, there are no quotes or anything in this piece. One of Grumbles specials.

No shit. And some of it is a bit illogical.

For example:
If Giteau is moved to inside-centre, it could see him reconsider his future as an Australian player. It is known that Giteau, who is contracted to the Australian Rugby Union until the next World Cup, has been disenchanted for some time and that at least two French clubs are desperate to get his services - sooner rather than later. One of the clubs is believed to be Toulon.

It's quite well known that Jonny has had a resurgence at Toulon and isn't going anywhere so if Gits were to go there he'd be playing in the 12 jumper - and this is the apparent reason for his disgruntlement with the Wallabies in the first place?!

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I don't think this whole ''disenchantment'' is due to 10 or 12 etc, but more due to the fact he is playing very inconsistent and poorly for the most part. He is accustomed to playing fairly good footy and he's having to deal with his first pro ''form slump''.

The punters can see he is more a natural 12, but by mere fact that he has been in the setup more than most of the backs in the side he assumes the 10 position as a sign of confiedence by the coaches and for him to develop his leadership. I personally don t think he is a natural leader. He is one of those confidence type players that plays more on instinct than mechanics. He's not a Lynagh, which appears to be what the current squad of backs sorely needs. While the majority of the backs are just developing into serious test players, an old head is what is needed at 10, a guy that is more concerned (and inclined) about the fundamentals and not trying too much.

Where's that midget Sydney Uni 1st 5 theses days....... :)

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I dont think Uni has had any midget 10s that are still playing. Their "graduates" include Brock James and Chris Malone though neither is a midget. Chris Malone is an interesting one. A successful club player who I never really rated (even at club level) and notoriously bad trainer who has gone on to become a very successful professional journeyman 10 in England. He must have improved his attitude for that to happen and, perhaps, if he had showed that attitude whilst here, the selectors may have had more time for him.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Biffo said:
Tiny Tim?

Eastwood.

Maybe Syd Uni needs to steal a gun Queensland fullback so that Hangers can play at ten. Oh, wait...

By the way, I rate Tom Carter as exactly 1.0 Carters. The average player. Maybe Carter will be a foundation member of the Melbourne team?

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Then drop Giteau if he doesn't want to play 12 then he goes to the bench as back up flyhalf.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
if giteau is unhappy at 12, im sure tom carter will play for free! he would give his all for australia which is something few wallabies seem to be able to do!

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
waratahjesus said:
if giteau is unhappy at 12, im sure tom carter will play for free! he would give his all for australia which is something few wallabies seem to be able to do!
Oh come on Tom, enough already! :)

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I would actually like to see Rob Horne get a bit of a run at 12 now that he has been named in the squad. He excelled in the position as a schoolboy, which is actually not that long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.