• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

PIES - Steak or Mince?

Pie preference

• Steak

Votes: 36 78.3%
  • Mince

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Piggyspies

Hey guys we have a stall in Auckland on Queens Wharf during the world cup and was just curious about wether you prefer Mince or Steak pies? We aim to please our neighbours from over the ditch but I'll draw the line at wishing you luck for the weekend.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
I personally prefer mince, a potato and mince pie and a cheese, bacon and mince pie. in the style of the local vietnamese baker.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
I have to say this is possibly the best thread ever.
I'd like to know what people really think of the pie and peas. I've always thought it a very poor pie. Obviously you couldn't have it with chunks of meat. Only mince.

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Peas and even diced carrot are important ingredients for pies. They can be combined or used on their own.
They improve flavour and texture.
They also helps brighten up a good spewing.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Any pie will do as long it's not too bloody hot!

Yes, cold pies and warm beers...the way to go at various fields.

A good crust, that is slightly flakey, but sufficiently soft to hold the contents without breaking. Whether mince or steak, the meat content has to be recognisable and no obscure bits. The pie can't be reheaten...you get various sellers reheating pies for ages...they end up like mini discus's. A good curry pie is nice as is a decent pepper pie. With properly ground pepper in it.

I also like a good pastie.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Pepper Steak and Bacon for me thanks!

@PiggyPies, I can add a poll to this thread if you'd like to get a better idea, just let me know what options you'd like in the poll...

Some suggestions could look like:
Pies (choose one):
Steak
Mince

Most important in a pie (choose one):
Temperature
Price
Filling
Pastry

What do you like in a pie (choose all that apply):
Beef
Chicken
Lamb
Curry
Pepper
Bacon
Kidneys
Peas
Onion

R

Rev Spooner

Aussies have no idea of what a real pie is.....I miss the pies from home :(
You may be right - we used to have great pies but over time they've become a shadow of their former glory. I actually buy my pies from a kiwi bloke who has his own pie shop in Brisbane - superb pies with pieces of steak that fall apart in your mouth.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
You may be right - we used to have great pies but over time they've become a shadow of their former glory. I actually buy my pies from a kiwi bloke who has his own pie shop in Brisbane - superb pies with pieces of steak that fall apart in your mouth.

Is that Muzza's in Coorparoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.