• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

PIES - Steak or Mince?

Pie preference

• Steak

Votes: 36 78.3%
  • Mince

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I dont buy the idea us Aussies cant make a good pie its just hard to find when theres so many places trying pass themselves off as being good at it when they are crap. Our local bakery in my suburb has some decent pies. Then there is personal taste, I've got some mates that love mince pies with that really dark gravy in it, I cant stand it, prefer steak.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Great Regional NSW Pie Shops...
Morgan Street Bakery - Wagga Wagga
East Lynn General Store - East Lynn (just north of Bateman's Bay)
Coolamon Country Bakehouse - Coolamon
Wattle Butchery - Cootamundra

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Great Regional NSW Pie Shops...
Morgan Street Bakery - Wagga Wagga
East Lynn General Store - East Lynn (just north of Bateman's Bay)
Coolamon Country Bakehouse - Coolamon
Wattle Butchery - Cootamundra

Just to add some north of Sydney
Fredo Pies at Fredrickton (near Kempsey)
Hank's Kitchen at Grafton

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Just to add some north of Sydney
Fredo Pies at Fredrickton (near Kempsey)
Hank's Kitchen at Grafton

Both great. Introduced the kids to Fredo's on a road trip last year. Pity they will be being bypassed with the new highway, it is an iconic stop.

Hanks is good too.

P

Piggyspies

A poll would be great Moses as I said earlier we have a stall for the world cup and our last flavour will be plain mince or steak I ask as in the past Australians have prefered plain pies. My favourite is defiantly steak and cheese without a doubt the flavours we will have our steak n cheese, mince n cheese, steak n pepper, steak n mushroom, vegetarian and either mince or steak.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
A poll would be great Moses as I said earlier we have a stall for the world cup and our last flavour will be plain mince or steak I ask as in the past Australians have prefered plain pies. My favourite is defiantly steak and cheese without a doubt the flavours we will have our steak n cheese, mince n cheese, steak n pepper, steak n mushroom, vegetarian and either mince or steak.

How about a discount for G&G forum members whom you get to serve, Piggy?

All they can do to get it is to say, 'greenandgoldrugby' and get like $1 off.... :)

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Harrys cafe de wheels in sydney, pies arent bad but arent great, but you can get fresh toppings.

drummoyne bakery

kirribilli bakery

any of a decently kept looking local vietnamese bakery. Especially in eastwood, THEY'RE EVERYWHERE.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Peas and even diced carrot are important ingredients for pies. They can be combined or used on their own.
They improve flavour and texture.
They also helps brighten up a good spewing.

Very nice work, Baldric. I have found pineapple chunks, spinach and beetroot to be the ideal ingredients to a good, colourful and inspirational chunder.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Upper Crust pies in Collaroy have to be some of the best in Syd, expensive but well worth it.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
We also have our biltong pie
Turning this
bitong.jpg

to
SDC11517.jpg

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Myself grow up with wilds (kudu,springbok,gemsbok) Pie.

Basically its start with this
3wildspastei-1309848094.jpg

and turning it to this
20100901195524995_1.jpg

The meat always on the dry side and need a bit of pork fat to get the right taste.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I love making my own braai pie on the grill. Pretty easy to do. Only get two rolls of frozen puff pastry and just do your own liked filling. The secret is to braai it on very slow coals and dont use a wettish filling. My Mrs usually prepare it for me in the kitchen and myself do the grilling.
braaipie.png

Status
Not open for further replies.