• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Player of the match - Wallabies v Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hard to determine from the internet streaming...but I'll give it a shot...

3.Rocky Elsom
2.Berrick Barnes
1.Luke Burgess

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Hmmm.

3. Elsom (not for the blow up at the 1st half scrum)
2. Barnes
1. Moore

Beale was very good again (aside from one chip too many). His defence, high ball reception and his running were all strong...on the few occasions he was involved.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
3 Rock
2 Burgo
1 Turner

(Based on the last 20 mins, thats all I saw)

Also I think Gits played like we all wanted him too yesterday.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
3.Elsom
2.Moore
1.Barnes (purely for an excellent goal kicking display)

Barnes made some errors in other parts of the game and was predisposed to kicking whenever possible but deserves another chance next week against France.
Rockys best game for yonks!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
3 Rocky Elsom
2 Luke Burgess
1 David Pocock

Will be interested to see the stats on Rob Simmons. I thought he played well. Does anyone else feel the tv images from these Italian grounds seem like its harder to pick up who the players are? Is it because its played at soccer grounds with motes and cameras are further away?

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
3 Rocky Elsom
2 David Pocock
1 Drew Mitchell

HM:
Burgess, fantastic energy, would love to transplant hands with functional fingers on;
Cooper, appeared to fall over in front of the ball carrier in a way that brought both his shoulder and his arms in contact, the player falling down in his grasp;
Slipper, schooled in the cheating arts of the scrum and appeared to learn the lesson

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
3 Rocky Elsom - For firing up and scoring the try
2 Stephen Moore- Solid as usual
1 Berrick Barnes - We complained and said we needed a kicker like Toby Flood after last week, and he basically delivered

T

TOCC

3. Elsom
2. Simmons
1. Slipper(yep, that's right, he went well IMO, he was penalized on the perceived weakness of Australias scrum rather then doing anything wrong at times)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
3 Elsom - Rocky Angry, Rocky Good
2 Slipper - general play, and accounted pretty well for himself in the scrum, and will only get better for it
1 Berko Buns - boring, but bloody good to see the goals kicked

G

GC

3. Rocky
2. Sharpe
1. Cooper

I thought Barnes was terrible. Completely ineffective with the ball in hand and constantly disrupting the back line play. Good defense though.

T

TOCC

Agree GC, I remember sitting there and thinking, If it were Giteau making the same mistakes that Barnes was making or the way he was playing, people on this forum would be livid, and calling for his sacking, yet apparently not. Yes he kicked well, but I hardly think he was even close to a MOM performance..

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
3. Rocky
2. Squeaky
1. Burgo

Anyone know what the go is with Bam's ear? He didn't seem to have his usual impact. Also thought Hodgson did pretty well once he came on. Also looked like AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was injured as he came off too.

RR, the article title on the blog page was by far the best possible choice. Champagne bloggosphereing.

MrMouse

Bob Loudon (25)
3. Rocky Elsom - Rock ANGRYYYY - most pumped I've seen him in a while. Keep him off the Xanax!
2. Berrick Barnes - not his finest display but he did score 22 points and 6/7 penalties)
3. James "Jason" Slipper - got his freak on with a seriously good THP and coped, also good around the park

HM Matt Giteau - Played a solid game on the bench. Hodgson was very good in his cameo, perhaps outshining Bam (perhaps). Simmons was strong, and Sharpe seemed to do a mountain of work. If somebody diluted Burgo's red cordial he could have ripped 'em up.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
3. Rocky Balboa
2. Stephen Moore
1. Quade Cooper - for a dramatically improved tackling performance. Now that he knows he has to tackle I'm confident he'll go back to being an effective head-on tackler, like he was as an undersized schoolboy.

C

chief

3. Rocky- great passion coming through.
2. Sharpe
1. Cooper

HM: TPN's hair style (including facial) now that's personality!

Status
Not open for further replies.