• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Please end the Alexander at THP experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spook

He won't play there for the Brumbies with Sheperdson and Ma'afu so what is the point? At best he'll get maybe 20 minutes each match.

Surely Sheperdson or a fit Dunning should be on the bench for Oz?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Its been a while since I said this, so let me think about how best to express myself:

*ahem* Screw the Brumbies - this is about the Wallabies.

:fishing:

But seriously - maybe either of those other two props should think about skilling up at loosehead. Let's face it - Ma'afu is not a realistic prospect for Test rugby and Shepherdson didn't continue to improve.

Still, its a healthy position to be in, and if we had some injuries I'm sure Shep would be sticking his hand up.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
No, I agree with Spook. He's not even nearly ready for the 3N as a TH. Shep should be playing.

S

Spook

NTA said:
Shepherdson didn't continue to improve.

Did you not watch any rugby this year involving Sheperdson?

Don't write off Ma'afu yet either after all it took Baxter 12 years and 50+ caps to become average. He still gets shamed as well - like today.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Spook said:
Did you not watch any rugby this year involving Sheperdson?

Yes, he played well this year - he's back to the kind of level he had circa 2007. That's not improvement, that's ploughing old ground. If he'd kept onwards and upwards there'd be no question he's the man for the Wallaby 3 spot. But he hasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.