• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Poll: Cooper at 10?

Who would you play at 10 next week?

• Cooper

Votes: 58 58.0%
  • Barnes

Votes: 42 42.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
EDIT: Not questioning whether he is good player. Who would you pick based on form next week?

Some might say it was a one of, but IMO it was reflective of most of the test season.

Cooper has been brilliant for the Reds this year, but he has struggled to replicate this form for the Wallabies.

At times it is as if he thinks the only difference between test rugby and super rugby is that you have to kick it more. His kicking was poor today. That is not the problem though as it usually is quite good. It is just he doesn't seem to know the purpose of kicking and when to do it.

So would you have Cooper playing in the Semi or Barnes? Personally I would like to see Barnes at 10 and if Beale is still injured, then Cooper to fullback. He defends there anyway and looks dangerous at second receiver.

One other thing that irritates me. I keep hearing about Barnes having a steadying effect on Cooper. That he is good at controlling the game. He is made for test footy. I agree with all of this, but why does this make him a good 12? Surely these qualities are what you look for in a test 10, not a 12 who is going to be consistently cut out of the play and who is going to struggle to the touch the ball with a greedy 10.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
I meant a week of cooper shite? no he isn't arguments!

No doubt he is a great player, but he is subject to form lapses like any other player. I was more asking if we are picking the team on form who would play next week? My pick is Barnes.

T

The_Riddler

He has looked like a deer in headlights the whole world cup. If McCabe can somehow recover in a week, Dingo needs to cut Quade, he's been utterly hopeless. Barnes is the logical choice.

R

rhyso

I will eat my hat if Barnes starts at 10 next week... it would mean changing our entire game plan, and Deans didn't even start Barnes at 12 when given the chance.

Like it or not, Cooper is our guy, and despite his awful game this week he could just as easily have a blinder next week.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
I will eat my hat if Barnes starts at 10 next week... it would mean changing our entire game plan, and Deans didn't even start Barnes at 12 when given the chance.

Like it or not, Cooper is our guy, and despite his awful game this week he could just as easily have a blinder next week.

I tend to agree that is unlikely to happen, but if Beale is injured I think it could force their hand. Wouldn't shifting Cooper to fullback, be less disruptive than AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) or JOC (James O'Connor) doing so? Barnes at 10, Cooper at 15 looked good against the USA - though I'm not sure if that adds any weight to my argument.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
replace "brittany" with "quade":

How fucking dare anyone out there make fun of Britney after all she has been through.!

SHE’S A HUMAN! (ah! ooh!) What you don’t realize is that Britney is making you all this money and all you do is write a bunch of crap about her.

She hasn’t performed on stage in years. Her song is called “give me more” for a reason because all you people want is MORE! MORE-MORE, MORE: MORE!.

LEAVE HER ALONE! You are lucky she even performed for you BASTARDS!
LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!…..Please.

Perez Hilton talked about professionalism and said if Britney was a professional she would’ve pulled it off no matter what.

Speaking of professionalism, when is it professional to publicly bash someone who is going through a hard time.

Leave Britney Alone Please…. !
Leave Britney Spears alone!…right now!….I mean it.!

Anyone that has a problem with her you deal with me, because she is not well right now.

LEAVE HER ALONE!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If this was a one off bad performance I wouldn't think about it but Cooper is on a run of bad form.

I don't think there's anything lost in attack with Barnes, plus his kicking/defence is better.

If we had a fully fit squad then Barnes should play at 10 with McCabe at 12... However, with McCabe's shoulder I expect we'll see the obvious...

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
replace "brittany" with "quade":

How fucking dare anyone out there make fun of Britney after all she has been through.!

SHE’S A HUMAN! (ah! ooh!) What you don’t realize is that Britney is making you all this money and all you do is write a bunch of crap about her.

She hasn’t performed on stage in years. Her song is called “give me more” for a reason because all you people want is MORE! MORE-MORE, MORE: MORE!.

LEAVE HER ALONE! You are lucky she even performed for you BASTARDS!
LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!…..Please.

Perez Hilton talked about professionalism and said if Britney was a professional she would’ve pulled it off no matter what.

Speaking of professionalism, when is it professional to publicly bash someone who is going through a hard time.

Leave Britney Alone Please…. !
Leave Britney Spears alone!…right now!….I mean it.!

Anyone that has a problem with her you deal with me, because she is not well right now.

LEAVE HER ALONE!

can you get me some of what your on?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Cooper wasnt the only one giving up possession and Genia was quite poor as well. McCabe played bravely but leaving him on as long as we did almost certainly ended his cup and could easily have ended the wobs. Had Barnes been on earlier to take the tactical kicks i think it would have been better for us than what we gained from McCabes defence as it was obvious he was struggling early.

The whole team needs to start treasuring possession a shitload more. We are losing it all over the park. No 5+ phases should have alarms going off for every player in the team. How is changing your 10 going to fix this?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Cooper wasnt the only one giving up possession and Genia was quite poor as well. McCabe played bravely but leaving him on as long as we did almost certainly ended his cup and could easily have ended the wobs. Had Barnes been on earlier to take the tactical kicks i think it would have been better for us than what we gained from McCabes defence as it was obvious he was struggling early.

The whole team needs to start treasuring possession a shitload more. We are losing it all over the park. No 5+ phases should have alarms going off for every player in the team. How is changing your 10 going to fix this?

it could and I think it would (based on QC (Quade Cooper)'s previous efforts) but since I havent seen the game I cant say in what ways a different 5/8 might solve these issues

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Against the AB's I think it should be Barnes. Cooper is far too liable and errors against the AB's will be the death of us. Would love Fainga'a at 12 and Horne at 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.