• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Position Vacant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...r-deans-willing-to-travel-20100913-159ci.html

So it seems that Richard "why would I know, I'm just the skills coach" Graham won't be participating any further with the Wobs and we need a new bloke for the HK Blede and EOYT.

Grumbles seems to think that Nucifora is the most likely candidate for the job and I can't say I see any readily available alternatives springing to mind. What do you guys think?

Are any of the Super guys likely to be moving into the spot and does it really matter who goes where cos Deans runs it all himself anyway and that's why Foley got shafted?

Questions, questions...

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Hong Kong could be a stretch, but Gagger could do it for the UK tour..

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If its local knowledge needed then perhaps we should add to the kiwi compenent and MR can step up.

Seriously, I guess Pat Howard would be an option, I just don't know enough about contractual obligations etc that would allow or preclude him or others from tkaing the job. RD hasn't said anything yet either - a guide on his preferences would be good too...

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Any one of:

Jake White
John Hart
Sir Clive

You need a yes-man for the job.

(Eddie Jones?)

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I get the feeling the article meant they want someone just for the Spring Tour and Graham will still be skills coach next year up to the WC. I think he just wants a chance to set up shop for his first year as a head coach of the Force.

As such they will probably just give the role to Nuci, seems like a decent stop gap solution seeing as there aren't many blokes left from the mutinous Brumbie side he coached.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I get the feeling the article meant they want someone just for the Spring Tour and Graham will still be skills coach next year up to the WC. I think he just wants a chance to set up shop for his first year as a head coach of the Force.

As such they will probably just give the role to Nuci, seems like a decent stop gap solution seeing as there aren't many blokes left from the mutinous Brumbie side he coached.

e_force_er, I think it has already been announced that Graham won't be skills coach next year.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Fair enough, I certainly haven't read it but it would make sense.

Still, it would seem to me the necessarily skill set to be a "skills" coach and a head coach are pretty different so it's surprising to see one used as a stepping stone to another but I wish the man luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.