• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pre Season '16: Reds v Crusaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
St.George Queensland Reds v Crusaders
Pre-season match, Ballymore Stadium, Saturday 6 February

1. Ben Daley
2. Andrew Ready
3. Sam Talakai
4. Cadeyrn Neville
5. Rob Simmons (C)
6. Lolo Fakaosilea
7. Liam Gill
8. Jake Schatz
9. Nick Frisby
10. Jake McIntyre
11. Eto Nabuli
12. Henry Taefu
13. Samu Kerevi
14. Chris Feauai-Sautia
15. Karmichael Hunt

Reserves
Saia Fainga’a
Sef Fa’agase
Taniela Tupou
Ben Matwijow
Lukhan Tui
Curtis Browning
Maclean Jones
Michael Gunn
James Tuttle
Mack Mason
Chris Kuridrani
Duncan Paia’aua
Campbell Magnay
Alex Gibbon
Sam Greene

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Crusaders

1. Alex Hodgman
2. Ged Robinson
3. Mike Ala'alatoa
4. Luke Romano
5. Scott Barrett
6. Jimmy Tupou (c)
7. Richie McCaw (just kidding) Tim Boys
8. Jordan Taufua
9. Leon Fukofuka
10. Ben Volavola
11. Sione Fifita
12. David Havili
13. Sean Wainui
14. Jone Macilai
15. Marty McKenzie

RESERVES
Codie Taylor
Ben Funnell
Joe Moody
Oliver Jager
Samuel Whitelock
Mitchell Dunshea
Reed Prinsep
Mitchell Drummond
Richie Mo’unga
Kieron Fonotia
Mitchell Hunt
Johnny McNicholl
Nemani Nadolo

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm surprised Samu isn't being given a run, wonder if he's injured. Other than that only Todd, Crockett & Franks being rested. Guys like Hunt, Wainui & Fifita will be wanting to impress as some or all of them will have to make way for Dagg, Fruean & Crotty as & when they come back from post-op rehab.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
I don't recall them doing it recently, but there are shuttle buses this Saturday

http://www.redsrugby.com.au/News/Ne...h-fan-forums-for-2016-Super-Rugby-season.aspx

ARE THERE SHUTTLE BUSES FROM THE CITY TO BALLYMORE FOR THE PRE-SEASON GAME THIS SATURDAY NIGHT AGAINST THE CRUSADERS?

Yes. QRU is running shuttle buses on Saturday to make it easier for fans to get to Ballymore for the Reds first pre-season game against the Crusaders.
The following are our pick up points to the match:
Bus Stop 125 Roma St – Outside the Transit Centre
Metro Carpark Bus Stop 518 in Butterfield St (corner of Garrick Terrace)
The shuttle buses will start 2 hours prior to the 7.30pm kick off of the Reds v Crusaders game.

Shuttle buses will operate for an hour after the conclusion of the match. Pick up will be from Butterfield St.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thanks @HJN, now just gotta get me to Roma St: extended family are hitting Wet & Wild tomorrow for Waitangi Day so I'll have to see what time we get back & what's going on after (I'm picking kids in our lounge watching TV, grown ups in our shed having "refreshments" :))

Kieran Read also obviously not going to Brisbane but that appears to be part of his NZRU contract rather than his concussion issues. Due back in week 4 with Sam Whitelock appointed interim captain.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
This is interesting:

This live stream broadcast is geo-blocked to Australian and New Zealand viewers only following permission being granted to QRU by the rights holding broadcasters in those two territories. QRU does not have permission to live stream broadcast this game beyond those two territories.

So presumably Uncle Rupe owns the rights to all matches played by supe teamseven trials.

T

TOCC

Be aware that the Reds are wearing Black and the Crusaders are wearing red

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This is interesting:

This live stream broadcast is geo-blocked to Australian and New Zealand viewers only following permission being granted to QRU by the rights holding broadcasters in those two territories. QRU does not have permission to live stream broadcast this game beyond those two territories.

So presumably Uncle Rupe owns the rights to all matches played by supe teamseven trials.

And regardless of whether they choose to broadcast them or not. I can understand them not putting the match onto FoxSportwhatever but to then geoblock a live stream someone else has gone to the trouble of setting up seems a touch churlish, even for Uncle Rupert.

T

TOCC

It's not Foxsports preventing it, the rights have been on-sold so the rights are owned by other broadcasters in the international market.

Foxsports own the rights in Australia but grant permission to the Aussie SuperRugby teams to stream their own pre-season games, same arrangement must have been reached with Skysports NZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Reds scrum is really dominating so far, but structure and handling is a bit sloppy from both sides atm

T

TOCC

20min in Reds winning 3-0

Reds scrum has earned 3 penalties already. Game has been scrappy with a bit of rain causing handling errors, Frisby and McIntyre doing well so far, a few big hits from Lolo, Karmichael and Nabuli.

T

TOCC

Yep he has had 2 kicks charged down, luckily Reds had advantage both time

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
From the ground it's hard to tell if there has been a turn around or what structure they're trying to play. The rain has made things slippery but the ground is holding up well. It really is an amazing pitch.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
The reds seem ponderously slow on their own rucks. The defensive pattern is still the "scramble" type defence like it has been the last two years.

And absolutely no protection whatsoever on their own rucks - Frisby is left exposed so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.