• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Proteas vs India

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Are you disappointed with the boys efforts Paarl?

I would be. I'd rather lose trying to win than finish the way that test did.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Are you disappointed with the boys efforts Paarl?

I would be. I'd rather lose trying to win than finish the way that test did.
No not disappointed at all. At the start of day5 I would settled anyday for a draw. Proteas sure show some fight these days and nearly got it. I'd say this one compare well to what they achieved in Aus last year when Faf had to fight it to get that draw. I hate to see my team trying to get for a win and got knocked over in 4 days in tests. Test cricket is never suppose to be for the flashy type of cricketer, its for the gutsy one who show some guts and fight.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I think we can expect a great test in Durbs if the weather hold. Myself still a bit pissed about India admins dominating our lot and we had to discount our usual New Years Newlands test. Want our lot to real kick some India arse in the last test.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Terrific test at the Wanderers, but I too wonder if the Saffers will be kicking themselves for not going for the runs. They were so close, but damned if they did, damned if they didn't really. With the series ludicrously being only two tests I guess the thinking was to go into Durban with an even ledger. I think an Aussie team would have gone for it, because we've always been about that attacking intent, but quite possibly wouldn't have made that far into the last day to set up the chance. What probably sealed it was being a player short and they just weren't prepared to take the risk. The Indians didn't look like wanting to risk it either, frankly.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Kallis has announced his retirement at the end of the series. Simultaneously disappointed and relieved he won't be there to play us in Feb.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Proteas klapped India with ease to win the series anyway. What a way Kallis went, dream finally for a Protea legend.

Next will be the high riding Aussies. Going to be one hell of a series.

With Kallis gone we will hopefull see Quintin de Kock in the test side. Score three consecutive tons in the one dayers against India.

SA have one big fat account to settle with Australia, 2014 will be the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.