• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Proud Parent's Thread

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Busan is in Korea, not Japan right, Paarlbok?
Just got back this week from a month holiday in Busan & Jeju island. Highly impressed with the Korean culture and dissiplines. Pretty proud on my daughter, she do pretty well in Gimhae and look like extended her contract with another year.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'm looking for a little help guys. In the oast few months my 14 year old daughter has managed to lose, on separated occasions, a garage door opener, swimming goggles, swimming cap, electronic pool entry disk and now here go card. It's my belief that on every occasion she has had her face in her iPhone rather than thinking about what she's doing. What do I do?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
14 years old? Weaponise embarrassment.

Mankini, Sully. You know its right.

51fKPiB80bL.jpg

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
I'm looking for a little help guys. In the oast few months my 14 year old daughter has managed to lose, on separated occasions, a garage door opener, swimming goggles, swimming cap, electronic pool entry disk and now here go card. It's my belief that on every occasion she has had her face in her iPhone rather than thinking about what she's doing. What do I do?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

My daughter is half her age and does the same type of things. To teach her not to do it we took away her iphone for a few days. When we gave it back to her she was a little less forgetful.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I'll be showing my age and it's not completely like for like, but I had my first Gameboy (Gameboy Colour + Pokémon Gold, good times) on my 6th birthday.

I got a portable CD player Christmas of the same year. My brother received a Gameboy Colour on his 5th Birthday the next year, then we both received the Game Boy Advance Christmas of that year, when I was 7. My first phone came at 9, when I picked up Trumpet and had to go to bands and lessons outside of class, so I could call for being picked up and such.

I don't think 7 would necessarily be too early for a phone, particularly if it's a hand me down rather than brand new, based on my own experiences and those I'm seeing with my cousins. At that stage it's a music/internet/games/Netflix device rather than a phone, the only real difference I can see is that I needed the Computer, AND the GameBoy, AND the CD player (MP3 player by 10 I think) and a Phone to do everything, they get it in one.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
My son suffered a mild head trauma on Saturday playing rugby. I felt rather small when he said after "I did what you told me too Dad and tried to be first to the ball on the kick-off". He didn't dry though but was in a bit of shock as he was shaking where he was sitting on the team bench. Took him to the hospital where we had to wait for 4 hours of observation, all good though. He won't be playing rugby for 4 weeks as a precaution and will be engaging in non-contact training in the interim. Nearly had a heart attack yesterday when he revealed more details of the incident like "I closed my eyes and everything went black until I heard the coach talking to me" and when asked why he didn't get up "I couldn't feel my arms or my legs". I gave him the day off school today as he had a headache.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
My son suffered a mild head trauma on Saturday playing rugby. I felt rather small when he said after "I did what you told me too Dad and tried to be first to the ball on the kick-off". He didn't dry though but was in a bit of shock as he was shaking where he was sitting on the team bench. Took him to the hospital where we had to wait for 4 hours of observation, all good though. He won't be playing rugby for 4 weeks as a precaution and will be engaging in non-contact training in the interim. Nearly had a heart attack yesterday when he revealed more details of the incident like "I closed my eyes and everything went black until I heard the coach talking to me" and when asked why he didn't get up "I couldn't feel my arms or my legs". I gave him the day off school today as he had a headache.

Hey man, hope it's a good recovery and he's back out there soon

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Take care of him A D.
You only get them once.
The oldest Westlake son has retired. I will never forget the day he hurt his neck in a scrum. Listen to the medical staff that attended little Aussie D. They will make sure that he is fine.
You have to listen to him.

Brian

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
I am taking extra care to ensure he is not rushing back out there.

I remember when it happened I saw a player lying on the ground and was waiting for the coach to get to him (not knowing who the player was) and thinking they were taking a while. When play stopped a couple of minutes later I did what I imagine every parent does and look through you team to see your kid so that you know they're safe. It was only when I didn't see him that I had the thought it might be him injured. I was standing next to my dad and mentioned that I thought it was him and as soon as he was stood up to be helped off the field I knew it was. I was on the opposite side of the field so I had to walk around to make sure he was okay, one of the longest walks of my life.

thanks for all the well wishes, he is doing well milking it for all it is worth. I must have felt guilty because I gave him the day off school yesterday.