• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Proud Parent's Thread

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
The past 2 years I have had that attitude PB, but last Saturday was the final straw. Most weeks he is lucky to get 10 minutes and when it finally appeared that he would be getting a full game (bearing in mind that I had to drive almost an hour to get there) and then see him miss almost the entire second half for a couple of U9s who had already played a full game I am over it. He didn't complain when I talked to him about it either.

I can see this is old but it sickens me.

U10s (and I'm pretty sure all junior grades up to U14s) have rollings subs.

Not good enough from the coach and we see Aus rugby lose a player.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
my eldesr boy has started playing cricket and is enjoying it. Plays for the school side in the local comp. Even though he struggles batting and bowling the coach lets him do both in the game as he is all about letting the boys have a go. Scored his first run last week. After his unfortunate rugby experience last year I was really appreciative to see him get a game. Kudos to the coach of the other team last week who was giving him tips during the gane.

my youngest has been put into rugbytots and is loving it. my wife took him last week and was really happy I had put him in after being a liitle apprehensive at first.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
My two oldest kids have taken up hockey, the oldest is loving it whilst my daughter is enjoying the social aspects of it They are both in good teams and getting good coaching, my daughter managed to get past two defenders on Saturday before a third joined in and the three of them worked together to get the ball off her. She has won a few short corners for the team which she is proud of. My eldest loves it and gets in to have a go, just needs to improve his positioning and he'll be right.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
and the three of them worked together to get the ball off her.

Hockey's weird. They're all holding sticks. Much threatening goes on? Three of them corner someone and it's "ok, we can do this the easy way or the hard way....."

Oh, hold on, I get it, that's what "short corner" means, right?