• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Proud Parent's Thread

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Congrats to you and your young laatie Paarl.

My daughter graduated from pre-school in December and is off to 'big school' at the beginning of February.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Congrats to you and your young laatie Paarl.

My daughter graduated from pre-school in December and is off to 'big school' at the beginning of February.
Thanks Boet. Good luck with your girl. When your girl is off to big schools, its testing time for the pa (dad) and have to start worry about the streets laaities zips. If you have a laaitie, you only worries about one zip. Teenagers is a big pain in the arse specially at my age. I cant handle the tantrums, lost it time after time. :mad:

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Assuming everything goes to plan I'll be able to post on this thread from the end of June.

I thought that too and was hanging out for Sept last year to roll around when I was to become a proud parent. Heads up (assuming it's your first!) it's the greatest thing ever! Also, any time you had to post on forums like this will be greatly diminished. My little girl has just gone 4 months and I'm only just ever so slowly finding the occasional minute to post up here. :D

In all seriousness mate, congrats! Such good news!

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
both my young daughters (4 and 7) inquired as why people were picking up rubbish on our local reserve today.

I explained it was clean up Australia day and what it was about

Both stated they wanted to help also.

After getting some old clothes and enclosed shoes on. All three of us were and gloved up and down there helping clean up Australia. ( in the rain )

Both are taking their clean up Australia certificate of appreciation in in to preschool and school to show for news.

Well done girls dad is very proud of you.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Havent post here for awhile but lots happening around the Paarlbok household. Made some big decisions to change Paarl for Stellenbosch to become BosBok now. I have a few years left before pension and have to scale down, sold my house and want to rent before settling down somewhere at the sea. Anyways moving the laaitie from two arc enemies from Paarl Gym to Paul Roos wasnt easy for me but he dont mind one bit. Paarl Gym is all out rugby with 20 teams and 500 boys. Paul Roos however have 1300 boys and big on rugby but in hockey aswell. They have 20+ rugby teams but also 16+ hockey teams and more u16 teams then Paarl Gym in total. Laaitie played his first tournament in the mighty maroon hockey machine from datuday till yesterday and performed really well for his new school. This make it all worth while the dayly transport between Paarl and Stellenbosch (30 kms) to get him settled as soon as possible. The interesting thing I picked up is that the boys schools have a lot of sports when they get stuck into each other. In two weeks time we have Grey PE visiting. Not only rugby and hockey on the menu but also surfing, fishing, chess, tennis, ext.

The program
InterskoleGreyPE_zps571bd132.jpg

some action photos from the Rondebosch tournament
10176091_284771941682677_2091176944_n_zps7c7ae405.jpg

10152486_284503575042847_1457654054_n_zpsabfccd42.jpg
1544520_284784388348099_1762832679_n_zpsfc4135d0.jpg

1511588_284783725014832_1319375390_n_zps58762203.jpg

and this one after he scored his first goal for PRG
1797339_284190108407527_1941346312_n_zps9382750d.jpg

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Congrats Sully on your daughter's win hope you all have an enjoyable day at the rugby with the Reds having a win.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think you load the video to you tube and then paste a link to the video here using that film strip icon above.

I've no idea how to load it into you tube, but I can guarantee that your laatie will know how it is done.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
My eldest lad (11) plays his first bit of rep rugby this arvo. It's just a trial for a sub-regional team based on schools performance, but I'm damn proud. He was in the B's last year, but has fought his way into the A's this year and has performed well enough to be one of about 5 of his school team to go to the trials.

As a life-long prop I can give him bugger all feedback as he plays scrumhalf for school and flyhalf for club. Have just read Bob Dwyer's latest article and I reckon it gives some great insight on those two positions.

Ultimately I think my boy's position will be scrumhalf as he has his mother's height, which is probably better than my girth. Not too fussed about what happens this arvo, he was just thrilled enough to make the As after working hard on his game between seasons.