• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Proud Parent's Thread

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
and two piccies from his Inter Provincial Tournament for Boland u16 in Durban. The same venue where Australia u18 boys and girls played vs SA. I watch all these matches, walking line and really had an excellent time. Boland ended 5th which was great.
Slapping it vs Northern Gauteng (Bulle)
JIMG_1382_zpscf6d25c8.jpg

Taking a P Flick
G1U16B6507_zps115ae91e.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Congratulations @Binga2014, Forward or back?

We now know that you are not Conrad Smith in disguise after the birth of his first son over the weekend.

dontknowmuch

Frank Row (1)
My boy started in u7s this year, Ive lost count of the tries hes scored and they have only lost one match, his mother is a Kiwi but despises rugby, I still dont beleive I got him on the field.
We live within walking distance to Rat park and go to most home games, alot of his team go to the game where the search for decaying animals and rusty wire seems to keep them occupied.
He even watched some of at least one first grade game.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Both the Westlake lads pestered me endlessly to go to Rat park. It must be a treasure trove for the young mind, especially the Northern end where Mr catchpole used to stand... they dragged so much shit back up over the hill

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Master Pfitzy finished fifth in the Year 4 school spelling bee - top 15 of 90 went to the live rounds after the paper test. He survived through until he got undone by "uncomfortable" of all things. Improved on his 7th place the year before and 15th the year before that.

Miss Pfitzy is up tomorrow.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Master Pfitzy finished fifth in the Year 4 school spelling bee - top 15 of 90 went to the live rounds after the paper test. He survived through until he got undone by "uncomfortable" of all things. Improved on his 7th place the year before and 15th the year before that.

Miss Pfitzy is up tomorrow.
Now if only they'd asked him to spell fluffybunny.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Both the Westlake lads pestered me endlessly to go to Rat park. It must be a treasure trove for the young mind, especially the Northern end where Mr catchpole used to stand. they dragged so much shit back up over the hill
I reckon they should charge admission to the little 'uns,and give them a cardboard box.
They go nuts down the hill.
For hours..

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Now if only they'd asked him to spell fluffybunny.

Yeah shame that. Bloody Catholics.

The kid who won was just reeling shit off without thinking about it according to the wife, who was sending me SMS updates from the field of play. Must have like a photographic memory.

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
Only just saw this thread(hard to get past the rugby ones)so thought I would get my proud parent bit in.My eldest boy(he is 4)is for sure going to be another Michael Hooper(or Pocock,if you prefer).We live in Thailand,which of course is soccer mad,but when he is playing with the neighbours kids always picks up the ball and runs off with it.Bloody hard to catch too!
Luckily there is some junior rugby in Thailand, which I will get him into when he is a bit older.
Great to see all the proud parents on here.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Played against some Thai teams when working in Singapore many eons ago. They were fast and bloody nippy runners. They struggled to compete in the piggies against the Gweilo teams giving up 20-30 kgs on most of the fatter larger Westerners.