• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Proud Parent's Thread

wilful

Larry Dwyer (12)
What a nice thread.

I wish I could say my boys are doing this or that playing rugby, but in Gippsland the nearest team is an hour's drive away so that's not happening. But I am pleased with how my 8 year old boy has taken to proper cricket this year, 22 yard pitch and hard leather ball, and he still throws them down with a beautiful action, a far better bowler already than his dad ever was.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
What a nice thread.

I wish I could say my boys are doing this or that playing rugby, but in Gippsland the nearest team is an hour's drive away so that's not happening. But I am pleased with how my 8 year old boy has taken to proper cricket this year, 22 yard pitch and hard leather ball, and he still throws them down with a beautiful action, a far better bowler already than his dad ever was.

1 hour and 16 min - Morwell to Endeavour Hills (just off the M1). I could have said from Moe to Endeavour Hills, but that would be insulting a person I've never met :) Also, I'm not stalking you as I have family in Traralagon asking a similar question (they are keen to see a game).

wilful

Larry Dwyer (12)
yeah cheers oztimmay. We're outside Warragul so it's closer. But not happening. The plan, such as it is, is when he goes to St Pauls (the local private school) in year 7, I try to get a short season of rugby 7s happening after footy and before cricket.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
My eldest won his first game of Basketball on the weekend, 12 to 3. His team only had 3 players turn up (thank you long weekend) so they had to get two ring-ins to even go on the court. Thankfully the girls team had some spare players, who happened to be bloody good and scored all the points. One of the girls happened to my sons 'ex girlfriend' so I wasn't allowed to mention to anyone that she played in the match. I still don't get kid politics, but at least they won.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
My eldest is teaching himself to play 'chopsticks' on the piano by reading the sheet music. He definitely gets his musical ability from his mother's side as mine are all borderline tone deaf.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I have reason to believe that my little MiniMe, at the tender age of 19, is quite possibly the reigning World Champion at Facebook.

She's done the hard yards, thousands of hours, to attain GrandMaster status. Perhaps her level is such that she is now also responsible for the sites upkeep.

By the way, if anyone is driving past ANU in Canberra could they please throw a few thousand dollars through her dorm room window to pay for her University education.

I promise I'll pay you back on the very first day I find my first ever f**king job.

Thanks.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Actually now that I think about it, I reckon she secretly doesnt even go to Uni at all. How did she get in? I've never seen her do a lick of swot.

No Uni.

The skype sessions, an elaborate facade. Sort of like the moon landing.

In reality she's roaring around in the Outback, part of some sort of Mad Max biker gang.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I have reason to believe that my little MiniMe, at the tender age of 19, is quite possibly the reigning World Champion at Facebook.

She's done the hard yards, thousands of hours, to attain GrandMaster status. Perhaps her level is such that she is now also responsible for the sites upkeep.

By the way, if anyone is driving past ANU in Canberra could they please throw a few thousand dollars through her dorm room window to pay for her University education.

I promise I'll pay you back on the very first day I find my first ever f**king job.

Thanks.
Have you counted all the extra fingers and toes on Pitcairn already? I hope you included your own. That's be a rookie error.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It's not baboon noises keeping you awake on the Pitcairn Islands.

Here is some secret footage filmed inside the Kelliher Compound after it was announced that the Ellerslie Substation fire prevented the feed from the NZL vs SAF game from being streamed live to the Pitcairns.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

Thanks.
I'm studying at ANU next year, do I want to meet the daughter of the infamous DP?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm studying at ANU next year, do I want to meet the daughter of the infamous DP?

Sure, if you've got $5,000 bucks lying around that you don't want.

creditcards1.gif

**PAY UP**

For that I'd even get her to write your essays* for you.

*if your essays are about dope smoking and biker gangs in the Outback.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
My big guy cleaned up at the athletics carnival tonight. Two first place ribbons for the 100mtr and 100mtr relay team. His team got the 'spirit' award, basically the thing they give out for being the best sports.

Pictured here is my little champion with his balding fatarse dad. Fuck knows how he avoided my ugly genes.

15419db6d363dac81b18cad03cb9d0e7.jpg

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Oldest son do club hockey coaching (Caput) and his team were unbeaten in WP hockey league this year and will be promoted to Ladies Town Challenge in 2015. Won the Caput national team od the year trophe
Eon1_zpsdac44982.jpg

Youngest son join Somerset West club in July and after half a season he won the most promising junior player award. They have 4 men teams and play in WP's top league. Also been picked for Boland Indoors u16A team for the nationals in December. He is costing me a fortune now!

SomersetWest_zpsa1234e70.jpg

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Haven't posted here for a while. My youngest continues to impress. She audition for a part in La Boheime with opera qld's Project Puccini and got into the junior chorus.

She was also voted junior club captain at Southport Surf Lifesaving Club on the Gold Coast. The second club captain in the family. She is away at leadership camp this weekend.

She also applied for a scholarship to summer singing school and was successful. 10 days intensive training at the conservatory of music.

My oldest daughter has just given birth to a beautiful girl. My first grand daughter is named Lola and I have been christened Obi. Short for Obiwan Kenobi.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Haven't posted here for a while. My youngest continues to impress. She audition for a part in La Boheime with opera qld's Project Puccini and got into the junior chorus.

She was also voted junior club captain at Southport Surf Lifesaving Club on the Gold Coast. The second club captain in the family. She is away at leadership camp this weekend.

She also applied for a scholarship to summer singing school and was successful. 10 days intensive training at the conservatory of music.

My oldest daughter has just given birth to a beautiful girl. My first grand daughter is named Lola and I have been christened Obi. Short for Obiwan Kenobi.
Oupa Sully :cool: