• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Proud Parent's Thread

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Her Great Grandfather is called Oupa.

Edit: But this is Dutch for Grandfather. (I think) I see that Your Oupa is slightly different and I thank you!
Grand Dad = Oupa
Great Grand Dad = Oupa Grootjie.

I am close in to my Oupa graduate. Hell I wont mind getting there. Kids are the best gift from Above.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Oupa is playing 7 for the Bokke. :)

Congrats @Sully. When you are the grandparent you can always hand the little ones back to the parents when it is time to change nappys.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Congrats Sully to you and your brood. I am a long way off grand-parenthood (I hope) but loving being a dad. My youngest is crawling around and standing up with the aid of furniture at the moment and my wife and I are watching expectantly for the moment when he takes his first solo steps, with trepidation if the other two are a guide.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I see David Jones is now doing some advertising up in the top banner, completely not rugby related but proud dad-

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
My eldest (who turned 8 2 weeks ago) was awarded second place in a talent show for his scout group, youngest competitor! Played We Wish You a Merry Christmas and Jingle Bells on the piano. In two weeks time he will receive an award at the school's annual presentation which we are excited about, he doesn't know he is getting it yet.

My daughter has just moved up to reading level 4 and is showing signs of improvement so hoping she will get to level 6 by the end of kindergarten.

My baby turned 1 a month ago and is a delight to have in our lives every day, not long until he starts running (can't see him walking for very long) and he is already getting into all of the cupboards.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Been on holiday and not posting. My laaitie have been picked for SA u16 Indoor hockey team. This after he won his fourth gold medal at nationals.
Collage of his performance.
Collage2014PSi_zps29ace821.jpg

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Hey bud, your son should play rugby

;)
In prymary school they do both, have to decide in high school. As much as I love rugby I'd never force him into rugby. Its his choise , I am only there to support him even if he do ballet. I have seen so many talented young kids stop doing sport after parents want to live their dream through their kid. Enjoyment for the kid is the most important. Once this happen the results and passion will come. I never played hockey but I am a big fan nowadays and love walking the line and supporting. Nowadays he want to see me, not hear me.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
My eldest son went fishing with his Pop a couple of weeks ago and caught a flathead and a bream which were cooked for his mum on her return from China. He was pleased as punch to have caught them for her. I, however, never even seem to manage a single bite.

My daughter has been painting some lovely pictures and is a budding artist.

My baby boy took his first steps the day my wife went away and was walking by the time she came back 3 weeks later.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Great initiative by the Reds! If this was available last year I probably would've made it to a game or two! Anyway, if it helps any of the new parents here get to the Rugby then that's all that matters. :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424145188.526570.jpg

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
My daughter will be on the plane to Korea over a week. Altho I am very proud on her having study so well at Maties with a masters in art education, i know I'll miss her so much (she is the point of my heart) I just know she'll make a big success in what ever career she do. She'll teach english in Busan at a private school. She'll probably miss her dads braai meat.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
I don't know about that Paarl as Korean bbq is delicious. She'll be fine as South Korea is a very nice country, just tell her to be careful of the bbq meat she is enjoying as they are fond of dog over there. The winter will probably be a shock to her system coming from SA though!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I don't know about that Paarl as Korean bbq is delicious. She'll be fine as South Korea is a very nice country, just tell her to be careful of the bbq meat she is enjoying as they are fond of dog over there. The winter will probably be a shock to her system coming from SA though!
Ja sure, Stellenbosch vs Busan is probably like south vs north pole but she is a go getter and will adabt. Luckily there is Skype and she will be teaching at a very good school. They will pick her up at the airport and look after her. Her 19 hour stay over at HK airport probably the biggest opstical. Was thinking that she could go on a day tour but then it look like a very expensive city and volksvreemd to her.