• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
Breakers scored in Golden Point to go through.
Amazing as Brothers had been the best team all year.
Credit to Breakers on 3 GFs in 3 years.
Great to see Brothers finally have a decet Colts year.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Yeah bloody disappointing. Brothers were the better side in my opinion. Stupid rule, Brothers being minor-premiers and higher on the ladder means they should progress through to verse the traditional rivals. Tough season, but I'm sure next year they'll come back bigger and stronger. Go the Filth.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeah bloody disappointing. Brothers were the better side in my opinion. Stupid rule, Brothers being minor-premiers and higher on the ladder means they should progress through to verse the traditional rivals. Tough season, but I'm sure next year they'll come back bigger and stronger. Go the Filth.

F$^K that
No team should advance on a technicality!!! I chose Rugby over Soccer because the likelyhood of a draw is very miniscule compared to "The World Game"

What a injustice that the earlybird getting the worm (1st try scorer) is the tiebreaker for a team advancing!!! I'd rather see a penalty shootout then that farce.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
F$^K that
No team should advance on a technicality!!! I chose Rugby over Soccer because the likelyhood of a draw is very miniscule compared to "The World Game"

What a injustice that the earlybird getting the worm (1st try scorer) is the tiebreaker for a team advancing!!! I'd rather see a penalty shootout then that farce.

I choose rugby, because rugby is great and soccer is shit.
Yeah I agree SX, extra-time would have worked in well.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
It's a bit of poetic justice for the Breakers though. Last year GC and Uni were locked up in the GF and the Breakers kicked out on the full thinking there was extra time. I can't recall if Uni scored the first try or if there were no tries scored, but Uni won the premiership in a drawn game.

Bloody awful way to go down.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
It's a bit of poetic justice for the Breakers though. Last year GC and Uni were locked up in the GF and the Breakers kicked out on the full thinking there was extra time. I can't recall if Uni scored the first try or if there were no tries scored, but Uni won the premiership in a drawn game.

Bloody awful way to go down.

Wow...that is poetic justice.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
UNI and GC facing off in the grandfinal for the third year in a row is a real testiment to both the clubs colts progames.

Uni will get a good advantage out of their prems side getting knocked out with banks and potentially conor Mitchell being available now for heavies colts.

How did the 2 clubs fair when they played each other throughout the year?

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Looking forward to the 2014 season, are most teams seeing a good proportion of players move thru to grades & generally starting over?

Have any schoolboy players committed to clubs yet?

Any early predictions on top 4?

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
im hearing Australia in lead up to the junior champs next year
im hearing Australia in lead up to the junior champs next year

I believe 30-35 QLD players will be announced this week & commence a 6 week block prior to Xmas. They will partake in 6-8 sessions per week which will continue again in the new year before trials against the other franchise u20 squads. These trials will determine selection for the final Aust u20 squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.