• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD COLTS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
Tips for this week, round 17: Movers and shakers this week for teams 3-5. All other positions set.

Easts V Wests: West by a lot. Bonus point win.
Bond V Logan: Bond by a lot. Bonus point win.
Brothers V Norths. Brothers by a lot. Bonus point win.

Now the important games:

UNI V GPS: No teams sheets means picking on previous form. GPS although out of the finals race will easily account for UNI putting and end to their season. GPS by 18.

Sunnybank V Souths: Sunnybank have momentum and like their forward pack are hard to stop when they are like this. I just cannot see Souths stopping this drive. Sunnybank to win this and finalise the top four one round early. Sunnybank by 14.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
I see Michael Wood has been dropped back to Colts for tomorrow just in time for finals. Norths won’t know what hit them. Just need McReight and Wilson dropping back next week and Brothers will be unstoppable in the finals.

steveadams12

Frank Nicholson (4)
I see Michael Wood has been dropped back to Colts for tomorrow just in time for finals. Norths won’t know what hit them. Just need McReight and Wilson dropping back next week and Brothers will be unstoppable in the finals.
I have heard that players like McReight and Wilson aren’t eligible to play finals for colts as they need to have played 4 games for them?

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
I have heard that players like McReight and Wilson aren’t eligible to play finals for colts as they need to have played 4 games for them?

There are always ways to get around it. Brothers had a couple of guys who didn’t qualify on the face of the numbers of games played in regular season who featured in last years Prem Colts finals. One player had not even played a solitary Colts regular season game.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I think injury dispensation or national/state dispensation is given if a player has missed games through being injured or selected for the national 20's team. So in this case Brothers will say Wood and McReight qualify for that (even though they were both playing 1st grade). Not sure about Wilson though?

LetsbeReasonable

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think injury dispensation or national/state dispensation is given if a player has missed games through being injured or selected for the national 20's team. So in this case Brothers will say Wood and McReight qualify for that (even though they were both playing 1st grade). Not sure about Wilson though?

Not within the spirit of the game at all. If they were playing in colts 1 and qualified there wouldn’t be an issue but they were playing first grade.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Not within the spirit of the game at all. If they were playing in colts 1 and qualified there wouldn’t be an issue but they were playing first grade.
They are all available. No different from Reds players coming back to club. Spoke to one of the lads concerned last week and definitely wants to play.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
I don’t know how i feel about that sort of stuff, like trying to stack teams at finals time, feel for the guys who have been in the side all year and have done the hard work to get them to that position, only to be dropped at finals for someone who hasn’t been apart of the side all year

They are the filth what else would you expect? QRU will back them to the hilt it’s in their grubby ethos.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Let them come back. I have no problems with the eligibility rules for playoffs teams

I’m more fascinated if Jordan Petaia is playing anymore club rugby this year. He could essentially be selected for the Bulldogs Premker grade team next week help the Doggies retain the Pilecki-Shaw Cup then one week later line up for the Colts 1 Brothers vs Bulldogs Major Semi Finals.

Reactions: vac

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
They are the filth what else would you expect? QRU will back them to the hilt it’s in their grubby ethos.

Expect more from you. Get off it, you sound like a spoilt child, It’s within the rules, so get over it! All clubs do it, so stop whining. It can always go the other way, finals footy is a bit different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Expect more from you. Get off it, you sound like a spoilt child, It’s within the rules, so get over it! All clubs do it, so stop whining. It can always go the other way, finals footy is a bit different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems an afternoon of Brothers whinging got to me - congratulations brothers you almost clean swept the day just not where it counts - next year I sense a massive return in Prem grade

Reactions: vac

Stripes

Chris McKivat (8)
Few questions that some of you may or may not know.....

How are the semi finals done? Is it 1st v 2nd and 3rd v 4th? Or 1st v 4th and 2nd v 3rd?

How are players selected for the U19 championships? Trials or selectors? There doesn’t seem to be much information regarding the comp.

Is there a list anywhere of players involved in Reds development squads?

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Finals are 1st v 2nd with Winner straight through to GF and loser plays the Winner of 3rd v 4th in preliminary final the next week for right to play in GF.

Potentially over next four weeks we could see Brothers play Wests three times.

I don’t think and haven’t seen any transparency in selection process for u19 Champs for this year. It does not appear as though selection, coaching or team management positions have been publicly canvassed or announced at this point. Nor the process of team(s) selection.

TJP

Allen Oxlade (6)
NRC U19 coaches for 2018

City U19
Head Coach-Damon Virtue
Assistant-Kelevi Tuicolo
Assistant-Pat Byron

Country U19
Head Coach-Grant Anderson
Assistant-James McClaren
Assistant-Nick Fogarty

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
Who do you guys seeing being the 1-8 (and reserves) for country and city? Interested to see how the forward packs turn out
Let's break the discussion up into front row/second row/loose forwards.
On the front row, Brothers have dominated every other scrum and are good mobile players, so you would assume they are all in, with their reserve hooker (Koorts?) also a good chance. Wests have dominated everyone (except Brothers) with a similar mix of strength and mobility, so maybe their entire front row too. If Nasser (UQ) isn't selected in the open teams, he would be an automatic pick for 19's, leaving 5 spots (assuming 3 reserves for each squad).
Any ex-tight forwards out there want to weigh in on the 5 remaining spots?

steveadams12

Frank Nicholson (4)
Let's break the discussion up into front row/second row/loose forwards.
On the front row, Brothers have dominated every other scrum and are good mobile players, so you would assume they are all in, with their reserve hooker (Koorts?) also a good chance. Wests have dominated everyone (except Brothers) with a similar mix of strength and mobility, so maybe their entire front row too. If Nasser (UQ) isn't selected in the open teams, he would be an automatic pick for 19's, leaving 5 spots (assuming 3 reserves for each squad).
Any ex-tight forwards out there want to weigh in on the 5 remaining spots?
I actually see west’s and Souths front row being more dominant. Koorts lacks mobility which I think players such as Cotton, Fourie, Van Nek and Malolua are much better in.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Haring Wests will have around 8 players selected. This makes me think some of the u19 standouts playing 1st grade will come back down for the competition instead of playing men's NRC. Think Wood, McReight, Lucas, Fenner, Prendergast, Kibble etc. Exciting.

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
Last round tips:

Games went as expected last weekend except for a great win by UNI over GPS. This week only two games really matter. All other teams playing for pride and/or boys looking to show something to selectors for the NRC u/19 teams!

GPS V EASTS: GPS, what happened last week? Easts toiled hard but were eventually outclassed by a strong Wests outfit. If the same GPS team turn up this week, Easts' last round drinks will taste a lot sweeter. East by 10.
NORTHS V BOND: This is a long, long drive for a team out of finals contention. Norths at home will end the year with a victory. Norths by 12.
LOGAN V SUNNYBANK. Sunnybank can throw this and still make the finals. Won't happen though. Sunnybank, by a landslide bonus point win.
Now for the big two!!
WESTS V BROTHERS: Much anticipated rematch. No one remembers the minor premiers, so who is going to play possum? Unsure of team line-ups and injuries on this. I go with Brothers, but not by much.
SOUTHS V UNI: There can be only four, so the loser will be watching from the stands next week. Souths still haven't won against a top four side, but I see this week as the time to do it. Taking Souths on the basis of a massive home ground advantage. Souths by 8-12.

This sees next weeks games as;

1 V 2: Brothers V Wests
3 V 4: Sunnybank V Souths

LetsbeReasonable

Allen Oxlade (6)
Haring Wests will have around 8 players selected. This makes me think some of the u19 standouts playing 1st grade will come back down for the competition instead of playing men's NRC. Think Wood, McReight, Lucas, Fenner, Prendergast, Kibble etc. Exciting.

Where are you hearing this? Any names?

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Ill have a crack at NRC Teams trying to make them as even as possible. Some players I have missed I'm sure and some teams like Bond and Easts I haven't seen enough of to know. Some of these players will probably play mens NRC too.

Brisbane City U/19

Clinton Malolua (Wests)
Joe Cotton (Wests)
Laurence Tominiko (Sunnybank)
Matt Munday (Brothers)
Ben Paxton-Hall (University)
Alex Smith (Wests)
Tom Kibble (GPS)
Harry Wilson (Brothers)
Pheonix Hunt (Easts)
Isaac Henry (Wests)
Moli Faiva (Brothers)