• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD COLTS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Watched a closely contested game between Norths and Souths on Saturday at Hugh Courtney Field. Norths started strongly and raced to a 14-0 lead. Souths were their own worst enemies by trying to be too "flashy" and executing poorly, very much like last week against Easts, where they left about 6 tries on the paddock by poor final pass execution.
They fought back into the game by going to a more direct style of play and tiring some of the Norths big boppers by making them make many more tackles. After again falling 14 points behind, Souths came home with 3 tries to take the game by 5 points. Sitting undefeated after 3 rounds, Souths are looking good in 2018 but next week against The Filth will be a big test of exactly where they stand.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: vac

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
When I checked Rugby Link on Sunday they were showing that Norths had defeated Souths. Thought at the time, it must be a mistake. I see they've fixed the error.

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
Little quiet on the posting front:

Predictions for this week:

Souths V Brothers: Brothers by 12
Wests V Norths: Norths by 3
Bond V Easts: East by 8
Bank V Uni: Bank by 10
GPS V Logan: GPS by 24

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Little quiet on the posting front:

Predictions for this week:

Souths V Brothers: Brothers by 12
Wests V Norths: Norths by 3
Bond V Easts: East by 8
Bank V Uni: Bank by 10
GPS V Logan: GPS by 24

Like your thoughts, how about:

Brothers by 15
West’s by 5
Bond by 5
Bank by 7 &
GPS by 25?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Judging by this weeks scoreline in the GPS-Logan game, we're starting to see the potential of Tie Tie, Raoren and Christian come to the fore. These guys are extremely talented and from the outside, they are doing the best with what they've got/what they are working with.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Top of table clash this weekend between Souths and Wests.
This should be a cracker. I understand Wests have a couple of boy's out, so I expect the South boys to be to strong especially after pushing Brothers close on the weekend.
UQ starting to grind their way up the ladder - normal transmission about to resume with Brothers and UQ being top of the pile?

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
This should be a cracker. I understand Wests have a couple of boy's out, so I expect the South boys to be to strong especially after pushing Brothers close on the weekend.
UQ starting to grind their way up the ladder - normal transmission about to resume with Brothers and UQ being top of the pile?

Who do Wests have out?

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Jordan Petaia.

Petaia to my understanding is on a fulltime Reds contract so his chances of playing colts is zero. (seeing as he's starting for the Reds and has only played premier grade this year). They haven't 'lost' him because they never had him in the colts side

The real Wally

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think Wests will be a very team to what Souths played in the trials. I see Wood and Steer are both in the Wests team named on the Reds website to play. It should be a cracker of a game and I think Wests could surprise Souths. I think Wests will have a point to prove and they have a few additional players from that trial game. Lets see if Souths learned from the Brothers game.
Brothers and Uni will win by large margins. I dont see Easts having the firepower to beat Sunnybank and who knows what Norths will put up. Norths should have beaten Souths and then they got hammered the week after.

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
After an awful tipping round last week;

West V Souths: Souths will be crankier than their coaches were last week after the loss, Souths by 12
Brothers V Bond: Brothers by 16
East V Sunnybank: Will be tight but the big boppers from the bank to roll the little fellas at East, Bank by 9
GPS V Norths: GPS by plenty
Logan V Uni: Bubble will burst, Uni by lots and lots.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
After an awful tipping round last week;

West V Souths: Souths will be crankier than their coaches were last week after the loss, Souths by 12
Brothers V Bond: Brothers by 16
East V Sunnybank: Will be tight but the big boppers from the bank to roll the little fellas at East, Bank by 9
GPS V Norths: GPS by plenty
Logan V Uni: Bubble will burst, Uni by lots and lots.

WW
Agree Souths to win but not by much
Brothers were impressive and I expect they will be too much for Bond
I am tipping an upset with a well organised Easts to get up over the Bank
I also expect Norths to get up as they have run close for a couple of weeks in a row.
Uni by a huge margin unless they take it too easy

The interesting part is that it is a Sunday game and how many boys will not back up well.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Souths to get back on their winning ways - Souths by 15
Bond to upset the Brethren - Bond by 2
Sunnybank to roll over Easts by a fair bit - Sunnybank by 20
GPS v Norths - GPS by 20
Logan while on the improve, are nowhere near UQ - UQ by 50

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Ok

Brothers by 8; not totally convinced by them but home ground advantage may be enough.

The Bank will be too strong and will win by 10;

GPS also by 10

West will win the match of the round by 7 &

UQ will win by lots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frotter

Allen Oxlade (6)
o

Looks like Souths struggling now playing teams at the top of the ladder, perhaps we were premature for n our praise

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
Looks like Souths struggling now playing teams at the top of the ladder, perhaps we were premature for n our praise[/quote]

Yes, was a big spread! Wouldn't take much away from the result though. West might have faced them at the right time! Lots of bruised and battered bodies after the Brothers game, with boys out with injuries. Does put in question the depth at Souths! It is a long season and injuries play a major part!

The real Wally

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think the depth at Souths is fine. The Colts 2 team are undefeated with one draw. So they are capable. Maybe the coach is going to need to give more time to some of the Colts 2 players in Colts 1 so that when the pressure comes on at the end of the season they have some experience in Colts 1. Looking through the team sheets of past games the coach has used the Subs sparingly. To be competive in the comp you need a squad of 25-30 players that you can slot in during a season.
Wests played well and got on a roll. Wests also had a few players out.

Status
Not open for further replies.